Experience advise needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Experience advise needed

Hey guys ,needing some experience advise from those that have BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT. Im considering taking my next step in ref to mods . My truck is a 2003 f250 with 160k miles . Looking to step up my injector size ( truck isn't and want be used for sled pulling or drag racing - just want the power when need be while every day driving ) would love to hear advise on size . Also was looking into a driven diesel regulator return unit ( that's if it's a need be with benifits to my set-up ) . Not looking for an injector that will crush my original tranny . What order would you advise first if both is needed .Below is my current truck mods .

Afe stage 2 intake
Mbrp 4" exhaust turbo back
Driven diesel tank mod kit with hutch mod
DP tuner tunes
38R
SP-1 HPOP
All gauges
6.0L tranny cooler
JW valve body ( not installed yet )

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'll chip in on the fuel system.. (Regulated Returns benefit all setups, modified and stock) Irate Diesel makes an awesome RR kit, I bought the whole competition system and love it. The hard line RR is really clean, the lines look almost factory. I can post pics if you want.

No personal experience with injectors like you want but being you have a PMR motor you'll be limited to Stage 1's - Stage 2's & the 400hp range, that's all the more I'll say on that topic.

Is your HPOP the SRP1.1 or the Billet Stealth? Just curious, I'm looking at a billet..
Old 09-17-2013, 10:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1laf View Post
I'll chip in on the fuel system.. (Regulated Returns benefit all setups, modified and stock) Irate Diesel makes an awesome RR kit, I bought the whole competition system and love it. The hard line RR is really clean, the lines look almost factory. I can post pics if you want.

No personal experience with injectors like you want but being you have a PMR motor you'll be limited to Stage 1's - Stage 2's & the 400hp range, that's all the more I'll say on that topic.

Is your HPOP the SRP1.1 or the Billet Stealth? Just curious, I'm looking at a billet..
SRP 1-thanks for the response - what exact did you notice different after adding the RR
Old 09-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The RR is a great idea. I went with the Driven Diesel, was ITP when I bought mine, on my 00. It was one of the first mods I did and made a huge difference in how smooth the engine ran. I used the Irate kit on my 95. Having used both, the Driven kit was much nicer and if you plan on looking at the instructions there is no competition.

For injectors, there are many good builders. I used Rosewood and am quite happy. I would stick with 160/80's for your PMR motor. The trans will still be a weak link even with the valve body.

Driven Diesel kit installed with everything back together.

Irate kit during installation.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:44 PM

After the install i found what I would describe as a more full power band, smoother running, and noticeably quieter injectors under throttle.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:49 PM

JSchuricht: You went to town... I left my turbo in. I'll save that for when my S468 comes in.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:03 AM

Use the ITP/Driven Diesel kit. MUCH better then the Irate fuel system IMHO.

The Irate one could be good with just a few simple refinements but its not there yet.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Use the ITP/Driven Diesel kit. MUCH better then the Irate fuel system IMHO.

The Irate one could be good with just a few simple refinements but its not there yet.
Take it from the man with experience.. if anyone would know Joe would.
Idk what I'm missing I guess I haven't tore enough of my motor apart yet to know.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1laf View Post
Take it from the man with experience.. if anyone would know Joe would.
Idk what I'm missing I guess I haven't tore enough of my motor apart yet to know.
The Irate kit is nice, but all the hard pipes, no flex, and no mount for the regulator... The regulator needs to be mounted somehow, to something. It just floats there with the hard pipes.

Its close, just not as nice, not as well put together as Dennis's kit.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
The Irate kit is nice, but all the hard pipes, no flex, and no mount for the regulator... The regulator needs to be mounted somehow, to something. It just floats there with the hard pipes.

Its close, just not as nice, not as well put together as Dennis's kit.
Would you recommend this mod before injectors ? If so , what noticeable difference will I observe Joe . Also ,what would you recommend would the most safe injector for my current set up ( referring to first post )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.