DP Tuner??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DP Tuner???

Alright we'll today my dad gave me the old programmers to my truck he ran stacked. The Edge Juice with Attitude and the Edge Evolution OBD2 programmer. Both are unlocked and work very well. I would like to sell them for a DP Tuner or other custom chip and was wondering how much they would bring each? I have gauges for boost,pyro,trans, and fuel pressure so no worries there. Please reply. P.S which tuner is best really tried and true? Had a change of mind on a programmer rather have flip chip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We usually hear of the used edge programmers going for around $200 to $300 on Craigslist. Hope this helps!

-Jay

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

As stated, you may have some luck bringing in a couple hundred dollars for them on a classifieds site. Most guys around here run custom tunes and would not be interested though.

Programmers and chips both work just fine. They just do it a little differently. As long as the tuning on them is good, you would be happy with either. However, with a chip you can change tunes on the fly. That is why most choose the chip over programmer.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner View Post
As stated, you may have some luck bringing in a couple hundred dollars for them on a classifieds site. Most guys around here run custom tunes and would not be interested though.

Programmers and chips both work just fine. They just do it a little differently. As long as the tuning on them is good, you would be happy with either. However, with a chip you can change tunes on the fly. That is why most choose the chip over programmer.
Yeah I was told to sell them and try DP Tuner. I've always been interested in tryin one. My main concern is smoke output. Is it clean or thick? I always try to keep smoke to a minimum and only use when you get the usual butthead on your bumper. So will it always smoke or Willi be able to keep it low? Thanks. Don't like blackin every body out it's disrespectful
Old 09-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMcKinneyStrokin View Post
Yeah I was told to sell them and try DP Tuner. I've always been interested in tryin one. My main concern is smoke output. Is it clean or thick? I always try to keep smoke to a minimum and only use when you get the usual butthead on your bumper. So will it always smoke or Willi be able to keep it low? Thanks. Don't like blackin every body out it's disrespectful
We write our tunes to be clean and use the fuel efficiently. The days of smoking are long gone, and I believe most tuners in the industry have left that style.

The only time there would be excessive smoke is if there was an actual problem(boost leak, etc.)
Old 09-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

php has great tunes.

my truck on 140 extr from php smokes less than my friends truck with 100 perf from dp tuner.
his tunes could be outdated though, but his definately smokes more.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
We write our tunes to be clean and use the fuel efficiently. The days of smoking are long gone, and I believe most tuners in the industry have left that style.

The only time there would be excessive smoke is if there was an actual problem(boost leak, etc.)
Ok thank Goodness. What if I did this... could I get a tow tune FLASHED to my pcm and attach the Edge juice/attitude for gauges and more power if I need it? Would the edge still add a little power on top of the DP flash?
Old 09-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue99stroker View Post
php has great tunes.

my truck on 140 extr from php smokes less than my friends truck with 100 perf from dp tuner.
his tunes could be outdated though, but his definately smokes more.
Yeah I don't like to smoke everyone out. It's still good for that one import guy who wants to ride your bumper when you're pullin a trailer though but other than that... this thing gets babied around
Old 09-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMcKinneyStrokin View Post
Ok thank Goodness. What if I did this... could I get a tow tune FLASHED to my pcm and attach the Edge juice/attitude for gauges and more power if I need it? Would the edge still add a little power on top of the DP flash?
I wouldn't recommend to get a Tow tune flashed because you may not like the shifting characteristics if you have no load behind you. The RPM's stay up higher, and people usually only like this when they have a load behind them.

You can use the Edge for monitoring, but I would not connect it to the ICP sensor. Our tune will not perform like it was intended to if you do that.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend to get a Tow tune flashed because you may not like the shifting characteristics if you have no load behind you. The RPM's stay up higher, and people usually only like this when they have a load behind them.

You can use the Edge for monitoring, but I would not connect it to the ICP sensor. Our tune will not perform like it was intended to if you do that.
Oh ok. I get what you're sayin. It's like cross breedin the juice with a Superchips... BAD IDEA seen people do it. What tune would you recommend for a flash? I rarely ever tow but when I'm just driving I like a good hot street tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.