Help with pillar gauges!!!!!???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help with pillar gauges!!!!!????

Ok so I just installed my pillar gauges
EGT,boost and trans
I wired them into the dime switch but when I turn my dime down they get brighter and the lights stall on and not just come on with the headlights???
Ok and I'd I turn my head lights on then te boost gauge blinks bright and dull constantly
And my boost is only like 5 to 8 psi I did get one time of 15 psi is this right????
And so I need help on the right places to hook my lights up on the gauges..I need all the help I can get???
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Gauge Installation on a 7.3L Ford Powerstroke

Hope that helps bud. Good luck
Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 AM

Is your boost guage mechanical or electronic? They shouldn't be wired into the dimer but the actual light switch as that guide shows. If you don't have a chip those boost numbers are correct. Also did you wire your gauge power in with your lighting wire?
Old 09-02-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250_STROKER_7.3 View Post
Ok so I just installed my pillar gauges
EGT,boost and trans
I wired them into the dime switch but when I turn my dime down they get brighter and the lights stall on and not just come on with the headlights???
Ok and I'd I turn my head lights on then te boost gauge blinks bright and dull constantly
And my boost is only like 5 to 8 psi I did get one time of 15 psi is this right????
And so I need help on the right places to hook my lights up on the gauges..I need all the help I can get???
Thanks
What type of gauges?

What brand and model?

You should wire the lighting portion to the dimmer, but the power should be on a KEY on power source.

I'm not sure what your asking...
Old 09-03-2013, 06:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i was wanting to just know if my boost was right because im running like 7 psi at 2200 rpm at 80 mph
and i do have a chip
and i got the glow shift due to low on money but needed something fast cause i now go to school 600+ miles from home
and i was wanting to know if everyone eles hooked theirs up so that the lights on the guages come on as soon as the key is turned and not wired up to headlights..and i dont understand why my boost gauge and only my boost guage which is mechanical but still it is the only gauge that when i turn my headlights on it blinks bright to dime constantly????
i was in a hurry this weekend to get my guages in cause i wasnt home long at all so i figured everything wouldnt be perfect.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:04 PM

What type of chip and what setting? If your just cruising at 80 7 psi seems normal. I hooked mine up to the blue wire with a red stripe behind the light switch and try light up when I turn on my head lights. What does your boost gauge peek at and did you do a t fitting into the map sensor or an air heater plug delete? Do the other gauges function properly?
Old 09-04-2013, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250_STROKER_7.3 View Post
i was wanting to just know if my boost was right because im running like 7 psi at 2200 rpm at 80 mph
and i do have a chip
and i got the glow shift due to low on money but needed something fast cause i now go to school 600+ miles from home
and i was wanting to know if everyone eles hooked theirs up so that the lights on the guages come on as soon as the key is turned and not wired up to headlights..and i dont understand why my boost gauge and only my boost guage which is mechanical but still it is the only gauge that when i turn my headlights on it blinks bright to dime constantly????
i was in a hurry this weekend to get my guages in cause i wasnt home long at all so i figured everything wouldnt be perfect.
I'd love to help you... But I have no idea what your trying to say...
Old 09-04-2013, 04:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

im saying that my boost gauge flashes bright to dime non stop..but only if my head lights are on.
if i try to dime my dash lights it makes my guage lights twice as bright.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:38 AM

If you have a multimeter or other way of checking to see which fuses have constant power, key on power and power when started it will help wiring them in. Constant vs switched power then the dimmer goes where the instructions above state. Pop the headlight switch panel off and use the recommended spot in the above instructions.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:15 AM

Dim as in Dimmer...

Not Dime.

That helps.

You cant hook the Glow crap gauges up to a dimmer, they have to be on a constant hot lighting (marker lights). They can not be dimmed other then a two setting thing in the gauge...

Other then that, there glow crap, you get what you pay for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.