Hybrid Injector Fuel System? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hybrid Injector Fuel System?

From those with experience in tuning and/ or running hybrid injectors, has anyone tried to run the smaller hybrids 205-238cc range with a stock superduty fuel system? Can a completely stock fuel system keep up with a 205/100 injector? i ask this question because with a pmr motor i feel you are going to be limited with the rods before you are limited with fuel. If a stock fuel/ oil system will feed a 205/100 with no issues in a "safe" tune for pmrs that seems like the best way to go. Any opinions??? I've got the air flowing and ready to send some fuel with it.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokenstroke View Post
From those with experience in tuning and/ or running hybrid injectors, has anyone tried to run the smaller hybrids 205-238cc range with a stock superduty fuel system? Can a completely stock fuel system keep up with a 205/100 injector? i ask this question because with a pmr motor i feel you are going to be limited with the rods before you are limited with fuel. If a stock fuel/ oil system will feed a 205/100 with no issues in a "safe" tune for pmrs that seems like the best way to go. Any opinions??? I've got the air flowing and ready to send some fuel with it.

Thanks
I could be wrong here but I think that once you go past 160/100's it is recommended to at least build a twin SD pump fuel system. Marty has a write up in the tech section with great details.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:00 PM

As long as you can keep the pressure up, you would be fine. I do not have a definite answer and I run a full upgraded fuel system for my 250/100s.

I want to say a single stock pump will not be able to keep up, but im not certain either
Old 07-15-2013, 06:02 PM

Im sure the tunes wrote wont be requesting full fueling or a long pw. thats the only reason i think it would keep up.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:04 PM

Im stuck between a 160/100 or go with a 205/100. I want the larger nozzle to shorten pulse width. From what everyone is saying now thats the key to keeping cylinder pressure down. Its just the hybrid is going to require less oil and they are only about $200 more and do have a little more room to grow.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
As long as you can keep the pressure up, you would be fine. I do not have a definite answer and I run a full upgraded fuel system for my 250/100s.

I want to say a single stock pump will not be able to keep up, but im not certain either
So i assume you are still on a stock pmr bottom end?
Old 07-15-2013, 06:07 PM

You would be surprised how much fuel you need when wot. I actually retract what I said earlier.

My stock pump, using an frx with tunes on stock injectors and turbo had a hard time. Would not hold steady pressure under wot but did not drop below 50psi.

Stock motor, 200k pushing close to 500hp from what im told. Never been on a dyno.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Emergency Services

If it were me I would just get a set of 238/100's, and do a DIY fuel system including a bowl delete and RR and call it a day.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:31 PM

There are multiple trucks that run over what I'm wanting to do with the stock fuel bowl and no rr. Just a larger pump set-up
Old 07-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokenstroke View Post
There are multiple trucks that run over what I'm wanting to do with the stock fuel bowl and no rr. Just a larger pump set-up
Not trying to be a d*ck here but you seem to already have the answers you are looking for. Why make the post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.