Aftermarket Injector Longevity Experiences - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket Injector Longevity Experiences

I'm working on my build, I've decided to stockpile parts and then do it all at once so injectors will be one of my last purchases, I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.
I was thinking of Swamps because of the 5 year, 200k warranty but would like to hear other's experiences and make a sound decision..
I'm aiming for the 300-350cc/200% flavor and Matt's Tunes.

1) Who's Injectors are you running?
2) What Size?
3) How many miles / years do you have on them?
4) Customer Service / Would you order from them again?
5) Anything Else you'd like to add.

Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
1. Rosewood Diesel
2. 238/100
3. I have turned the truck around in my driveway, does that count for mileage?
4. Great service, answered all my emails promptly, IIRC one was even answered on a Sunday.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:22 PM

The big names are all good, just like picking a ts chip.

Full force diesel
Swamps
PIS
Rosewood

I only have limited experience with ffd whichbis what I run. Customer service is great.

I have heard great things about all of the ones I listed. Great products and customer service.

If I had to get another set of injectors, I would go with PIS next time around
Old 07-13-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
The big names are all good, just like picking a ts chip.

Full force diesel
Swamps
PIS
Rosewood

I only have limited experience with ffd whichbis what I run. Customer service is great.

I have heard great things about all of the ones I listed. Great products and customer service.

If I had to get another set of injectors, I would go with PIS next time around
I guess my main concern is if I plan on running these injectors for another 300k+ should I pay the extra $800+ for the Swamps 5 Year/200k warranty or will the other companies hold up just as well?

Thanks for the insight.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:55 PM

I do not want to say for sure but I dont think you have anything to worry about. I think another member asked a similar question about longevity of aftermarket injectors. Many run ffd injectors and have gotten well over 100k and still going. I do not think you can predict the lifespan of injectors but I imagine they will last over 200k easily.

I believe its up to the buyer if they think the warranty is worth the additional cost. Imo im not worried about it. Swamps does offer the best warrant length though.

You could try calling a few of them and see how the experience goes and decide from there.
If you have a big concern on warranty and injector failure, maybe it would be wise to go with swamps.

Im sure others will chime in but I do not think you have anything to worry about if you go with someone other than swamps either.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:13 PM

I guess I didn't expect for aftermarket injectors to give any more trouble than my stock ones have.
As long as you keep the fuel clean and do your regular maintenance they'll keep right on going, that's why I ordered IDP's full fuel system, better filtration and flow.

That being said, my budget fluctuates so much that any major breakdown I could live with now but could really put me in a pinch during the school year.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:13 AM

Since you are going with Matt's tunes you can see what he recommends too. But like I said, there is no wrong choice when you choose from the most popular ones that I listed.

I can understand having a limited budget, you don't even have to be a college student to be broke, lol.

What are your overall goals? 300-350cc injectors are big. That will put you into at least 650+ hp range with supporting mods.
Your forged rod motor is probably safe to 600 without a lot of other work.

Depending on what you're after 250/200s can get you to 600hp. As you probably know, when you get into it this much, the truck is more at risk. Im not sure at what point its needed, but you will need studs, springs, etc.

You will also need a beefed up tranny like a bts or similar too.

Just some things to think about if you haven't already.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:43 AM

My goal is to have a reliable 550-600 hp motor that's daily drivable, I'd be nice to lay down over 650 on a dyno but being a CCLB she's never going to be real fast and a detuned motor will be more reliable then one that's pushed to the limit.
She'll be more used for DD / Weekend Sled pulling/Offroad Rig.

Plans right now are 300/200's, Irate's S468 Turbo, Studs, Springs, PushRods, etc.

My clutch will be the weak point as it's only rated for 400/800 but when that goes I'll look at a dual disc so maybe I can hook onto a sled.

Long term I'd like to compound the S468 with a procharger... but that's long term, like the 10 year plan..

I've spent a lot of time on google trying to find out just what will be needed to reach those numbers, unfortunately there's very few who go that far and when they do they don't talk about it much and threads dead end without answers.

If I am missing something please do tell me, I did assume my forged bottom would hold, I would like to be as reliable as possible without pulling the motor.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 PM

I'm probably not the right person to give advice your goal. It does sound like you have a good plan/goal though.

There is a guy selling a low mileage s468 with pipes and everything for 2k. He is on psa. I thought about it but I need to do more studying first.

BDP just build a 650hp excursion. Take a look at what they did. I think they used a s467.7 among other things.

There are a lot of options when it comes to turbos. I think either 250/200s or 300/200s will work for you but I think you are right about 300/200s. Probably a good choice.

There is also a guy on psa that has 250/200s and a gt42r that is pushing 660hp. Not sure what support he has to hit that though.

Endless options with various ways to get there, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.