Lope idle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lope idle

Seriously.

Does anyone like the lope idle? I got my PHP hydra chip and everyone says it sounds like it is broken. Lol. Anyone else with lope tunes experience this, too? I love the way it sounds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

it sounds different for everybody.
i dont like the way dodges sound but dodge boys sure do.
sounds like the issue is personal opinion.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Premium Member

Lol. I love the way it sounds. But it's kinda funny people look twice and go, "wtf is going on with your truck?'' Then you click the switch and idles normal. Do you have a lope idle?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:20 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

I have the hydra also.

My sled pull tune from Tony Wildman has a nasty little lope to it and I think it sounds so sick! I want to get Bill to tune my race tune to have the same lope Idle.

I think the lope idle sounds really good. Like a big cam in it. I know a lot of people don't like them, but that's what makes this sport great. There are certain things about other people's trucks that I really like, but not enough to do to my own because I love mine the way it is, so its like living vicariously through them...Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-12-2013, 05:22 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo3244 View Post
Lol. I love the way it sounds. But it's kinda funny people look twice and go, "wtf is going on with your truck?'' Then you click the switch and idles normal. Do you have a lope idle?
I do the same thing. Lol...I really love it when I will switch it over to the sled pull tune in town and the guys in sports cars look up at my truck like "wtf is in that thing??" I just smile.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Behavior Modificationist

I personally like the lope tunes. I don't have one myself but would consider one if it didn't have the negative/ill-effects taboo behind it.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Premium Member

Negative effects? Care to elaborate a little on that? I have done some of my own research and talked to PHP and there is no problem running it. Some people say, should your truck really sound like that? If it does what is causing it to run that way? And then they'll say it's not normal running operation. Lol. I'm sure All tunes will cause wear and tear on a motor but a lope idle could cause damage? I don't think so.....
Old 07-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Behavior Modificationist

From what I've heard/read, a lope tune will shorten the life of injectors and wash the cylinder walls. Nobody has any guaranteed information that it will/won't cause any "damage" and there are many threads that go back and forth on the topic. I know only as much as is posted on this one. You'll see if you Google it.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:17 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

The smoothness of the truck at idle it's dependant partly on icp. I.have a scan guage II and in normal tunes at idle, icp is about 6-700...in my sled pull tune, it drops to under 500 but raises so sharply once you're in the throttle. It even gives you time to build boost.

I have heard of lope idles opening and closing the ipr causing damage to icp sensor. But with my scan guage I can see its nutty doing that in that tune. I think it's all based off of timing and icp at idle. Btw my lope tune is from tw

Old 07-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Jay showed me how too do some programming the other day, and we put in the lope idle, and it's crazy how they can get the truck too run like that It's fun for sure, but no way would I run that all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.