cooling mist stage I - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cooling mist stage I

I am looking for any tips or info for installing the cooling mist kit I just ordered. I was wondering where the best place to install the nozzle boost controller I also ordered there 7 gal tank to put in my tool box. thanks for any help or advice in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Dude, Im jelous......would love to do this.....
Old 07-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Ive been thinking about a water-meth kit and/or better intercooler.

Ive heard good about cooling mist and snow performance. Let us know how it works out for you after you get it installed. Sorry I can't help with installation.

From my experience different tunes would give you similar or better g a ins on your egts unless you are installing it for other reasons as well
Old 07-06-2013, 06:33 PM

I am installing for egts I have plenty of power but my temps will get to high if I let it I also am gonna get some new tunes from dp to use with the water
Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Just out of curiosity, what are your temps like now. What does it take to get to 1250 or higher and what tunes are you running?

I just realized you are on stage 2s and better turbo, but still curious
Old 07-07-2013, 01:06 AM

in my econ tune wich is supposed to 100 it wont go past 1200 but if I go up to my performance or race tunes or pull my 12k trailer in my 80 tow tune it will peg my gauge if I let it I just don't like it sitting around 1200 or higher for any length of time I have also been thinking about a ww for my new 38r I just upgraded to but I am looking for advice on if that will help any in lowering the egts or not
Old 07-07-2013, 05:51 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
whose tunes are you running? talk to them, they should be able to do better than that
Old 07-07-2013, 06:01 AM

Ive looked into doing this same thing with my truck for the same reasons. The thing that I keep going back to is if you go with a upgraded intercooler set up its pretty much a bolt in a forget it type of thing.
With the meth system you gotta maintain the dang thing. You are always on the look out for windsheild washer fld sales and when you go on a trip now you gotta figure how much fld your gonna need.
But then again the intercooler does not have the cool factor that the water/meth does.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:08 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

I have the coolingmist stage 1 diesel kit and I love it. I put the nozzle right in the intercooler pipe right before the boot going to the intake y for the heads. Thread it in there after you drill and tap it.
Anytime you add more fuel and air to the engine the egts can be hotter. I can peg 1600 on mine in a short bit while just on the street...but get a sled behind it abd using water only I barely hit 1500. It's all about load and how hard the engine is working. The coolingmist setup is really nice. I def recommend it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-07-2013, 06:13 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
Dude, Im jelous......would love to do this.....
It's really really cheap.....like under 250 bux. I got my 3 quart tank from autozone and plumbed it in.

And as far as maintaining the system , there is none. You can buy the -15 degree stuff in the winter time by the gallon cheap at wall Mart. I buy enough to last me all year. And if you're just wanting the cooling effect only, go the water only route. There is no parts to rust or anything. Just let the truck run about five minutes after the last time you used the water/meth to ensure there's none left in the intake tract or engine. If you use heavy amounts of it and shut it down instantly it can cause damage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.