Marine injectors? Round two. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Marine injectors? Round two.

Hey Fellas,

I just rolled 150k on the ticker for the truck. When I fire it up in the morning theres a decent cloud of white which is only getting worse. I replaced the injector orings maybe 15k ago and cylinder 8 was wasted. I want to invest in some new sticks and have been told my some that marine injectors work great as they flow more while still utilizing the stock HPOP.

This is my daily driver, I already have the typical intake and 5 inch exhaust with PHP Hydra Chip which can be re-flashed for the new sticks. Im wondering if anyone has run marine injectors and how it was for towing and daily driving and what not. Dont want tons of smoke unless theres an ******* behind me.

Ive heard nothing but good things about Rev-X so I ordered some of that to free up the injectors in the morning. But if that doesnt work I want to have some good options that have been tested by others. Some WISE input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As for the previous post about this my apologies. I was a few beers deep and slightly aggravated due to......well life. And for the "spool valve" that I referred to for the 6.0, I do not deal with many 7.3L as they dont fail. Much more familiar with the 6.4 and 6.7 for failures. Just looking for some input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
RevX or Arcoil may help if its an internal injector issue. What brand of O-rings did u install? It is possible that you may have nic'd an O-ring during install and it has just shown its face, so to speak. There is a thread around here that has a list of all A* coded international and CAT injectors that were ever made and the application they were used in and HP range on that particular engine.

Have you done an engine cylinder contribution test buzz test?

I'm sure it would be easier to Google it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Marine injectors are something reffered to for cummins motors. I've never heard of marine injectors fod a 7.3, thats also because I've never heard of a 7.3 or t44e going in a boat. I would get a set of 160 or 160/100 and rock that, those will give you a good bump over stock. I'd recommend calling Tim at performance injection systems and talking with him on it too, thats who i use for all my injectors. As for dadditives, I know a lot of guys run the archoil because of the price and they say it works as good if not better than revx, but that isn't going to fix an issues other than stiction type situations in an injector.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Go here. Click the quick reference guide for Alliant injectors PDF.

http://www.endurancepower.com/v2/con...liantpower.htm

Old 07-05-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3coal roller View Post
Hey Fellas,

. When I fire it up in the morning theres a decent cloud of white which is only getting worse. .
i'd change the glow plugs
Old 07-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
i'd change the glow plugs
Or at least ohm them out and check the glow plug relay.

X2 what he said, if it clears up after the engine reached operating temp. If it is all the time, then your probably gonna need an injector(s).

Get your truck buzz tested and a CCT done. That will pinpoint it more

Old 07-05-2013, 01:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to rufushusky
How does it run once it is fired?

I would at least check to make sure the GP system is up and running properly prior to doing the injectors... just to be sure.

Troubleshooting GPR & GP's
Old 07-10-2013, 03:13 PM

The orings were Motorcraft OEM replacement. I have access to an IDS so the buzz test all sounds perfect. The contribution flags 3 and 8 as a concern but the IDS will almost always flag companion cylinders. The smoke will clear up pretty quick maybe 2 or 3 seconds and it does seem kinda sluggish until at operating temperature. It is a 6 speed to I can feel a big difference. I wouldnt think the orings would be the concern again as it has been a few months since they were replaced and everything ran great until recently.

I am doing the oil change right when I close my computer and throwing in the RevX so I will update with the results and if this stuff is worth the price tag.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:14 PM

Also, I know Cummins queers have been running marine injectors for a while and I have personally seen a 7.3 in a boat (I about peed myself). I dont know if it was stock or not though. I tried to google the marine injectors with very little avail.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

2-3 seconds of smoke is pretty normal, even for a non chipped truck. Normal also for not being ready to go until it gets to operating temp. Have you checked your EBPS and EBPV?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.