Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Marine injectors? Too many threads to sort!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dentexpowerstroke 
#1 ·
BEFORE YOU RESPOND TO THIS THREAD, PLEASE DONT UNLESS YOU ARE EXPERIENCED AND KNOW YOUR ****. I JUST SORTED THROUGH WAYYYYY TOO MANY THREADS AND EVERYONE LOVES EVERYONES INJECTORS. THATS NOT WHAT IM LOOKING FOR!Sorry if this is rude but the "I'm new to diesels but I changed my spark plugs and its runs great!" **** is really getting old.

Hey Fellas,

I just rolled 150k on the ticker for the truck. When I fire it up in the morning theres a decent cloud of white which is only getting worse. I replaced the injector orings maybe 15k ago and cylinder 8 was wasted. I want to invest in some new sticks and have been told my some that marine injectors work great as they flow more while still utilizing the stock HPOP.

I do work for the Ford on the Diesel Team but we can only recommend OEM replacements so I am unaware of the reliability of the aftermarket squirters. This is my daily driver, I already have the typical intake and 5 inch exhaust with PHP Hydra Chip which can be re-flashed for the new sticks. Im wondering if anyone has run marine injectors and how it was for towing and daily driving and what not. Dont want tons of smoke unless theres an ******* behind me.

Ive heard nothing but good things about Rev-X so I am going to try that first in attempt to free up the spool valve in the morning. But if that doesnt work I want to have some good options that have been tested by others. Some WISE input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not super well versed in them but to my knowledge the marine injector's are AC injectors that can also be sourced from any of the International vehicles with our motor ( busses, straight trucks, etc.)

I'm 99.9% sure the AC is a single shot injector so you'll need to get that PHP set up accordingly but they will perform as a stage 1 injector.

Some builders sell OEM AC Code injectors as a stage 1 upgrade for our motors.

To get the 100% answers hit up swamps, or rosewood or any of the best injector builders those guys will definitely know. I'm just going off my memory which, well, isn't always perfect.

#3 ·
Nice way to start a thread ******...

Could you please point out where the "spool valve" is on the 7.3 injector? Once you find that, please remove it, eat it and follow up with a nice glass of gas.

There are no Marine injectors... there are different code injectors, or different sizes.

If you would like to know more about injectors, feel free to ask. Dont start a thread like that however and expect anyone to give you two ****s.

And your on the "diesel team"... scary.

#4 ·
Tree'd by Joe yet again.

Op when you start off a post the way you did, do you think guys like me and Joe, know what we are talking about, want to help you. Marine injectors are a cummins thing first off, do yoi probably don't want to use those. Good luck finding info with your attitude...

#5 ·
As I was slightly intoxicated when I posted this and was not having the greatest day at work I will start a new thread. My apologies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.