Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

ITP Boost Annihilator- SES light

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Doakster 
#1 ·
I have 99 F-250 which is basically stock, with a delta chip and 4" exhaust through a magnaflow muffler. I bought and installed the ITP Boost Annihilator to get rid of the SES light that came on when I first used the chip.
I noticed an improvement right away, but am still getting the SES light. I followed the instructions and have been backing the control off a single click several times(5 to be exact) but am still getting the light. My question is this: Do I keep adjusting the boost controller or is there something else that can set off the SES light. Is it possible to overadjust this control?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

JIM

#3 ·
do you have any way of reading the codes? I put it on my truck and it worked fine right out of the box... except i forgot to hook the map sensor back up :doh:

#4 ·
sure its not a HPOP over/undercode? P1211 if i remember correct not sure of hand though

#5 ·
Thats probobly what it is because if you overboosting you would know it by defueling. In the directions it says not to touch the settings as its set at the factory for the correct setting. I would turn it back the 5 clicks.

#6 · (Edited)
I will have access to a code reader tomorrow. But after taking it out again, it is defueling when the light comes on, because there is a noticeable power drop once the light comes on. If I shut down and restart, its back to good again till the light comes back. I was just cautious becuse almost everybody here that has used the boost controller never had to touch it.

#7 ·
Were you defueling with it installed or just getting an ses light?

#9 ·
About the only thing I can recommend is send it back for a new one or calibrate it yourself if you have an air gauge you can install on the hose that goes to the map and apply more then 25 psi from an air source such as a compressor and see what it reads on the gauge and dial it in till it reads 22 psi

#12 ·
I moved the boost dial five more clicks counterclockwise for the drive home, it ran like crap each time no power whatsoever and again..........the light.:doh: Took the chip out this morning and ran great with no light. Scanned for codes this morning and low flow code was all that came up. The chip must need more pressure than the stock pump can handle.
Is there any benefit to leave the boost annihilator on with no chip?

#13 ·
You were not getting a overboost code, your chip is asking for more ICP then your pump can put out. Sent the Regulator back to ITP so he can reset it for you. Then reinstall it and leave it alone. Sounds like you need a differant chip.

#14 ·
I have the dial reset to original. Luckily, I read several posts before messing with it and marked it with a grease pen so I knew where to put it. I could recalibrate it, but for now I am okay.
Are there any benefits to leaving the boost annihilator on without a chip?

#15 ·
No real benefit and it won't hurt you either because your stock PCM will never make over 25psi boost, where the over boost starts regulating. You're good to so with no chip and the overboost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.