Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Granatelli's Fuego Programmer

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ShawnCT450R 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Don't know bout that one but you have a 7.3 and the best for the 7.3 is a chip not programmer from either DP-Tuner or Tony Wildman many many more here on the ORG will tell you the same these chips are custom burned to your trucks mods and your needs not just a generic off-the-shelf chip

#3 ·
I have the Fuego for my truck (04 6.0) and it's pretty sweet.* My friend also bought two of them for his f350 and his wife's Excursion (both 7.3s) and he said they were both "ridiculous" after being prgrammed.

#4 ·
Yeah TW is a definate want. And I would feel like :woot: after I get one. I was looking in to buying an X for the wif and I thought that having one of these things would be different.

Hey Shawn are you able to use yours for multiple vehicles or do you have to buy a certain SD card, or whatever it is that he shows popping on the inside of that thing?

#5 ·
Chpis will blow programmers away anyday. DP or TW are both very good. My truck is tuned by DP. Chips are also adjustable on the fly and are usually much less expensive and produce much more power. If you decide to make changes to your truck they can be custome tuned for the changes. Such as injectors, if you got rid of the split shots and bought single shot injectors ( which are much better ) you wouldn't be able to tune them with a programmer.

Buy now and buy right, buy a chip

#6 ·
The fuego is able to program a bunch of different vehicles. It is vin-locked to the one you have currently programmed. You can return to stock and program something else if you like. I haven't seen JR put a SD card in it. Not sure on that one. I know you don't need it to program other vehicles though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.