My truck runs awesome - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 06:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My truck runs awesome

Man this thing hauls. Got 150k miles on my 7.3, A few thousand miles ago I got beans stage 1 injectors and tuning. To clean up the smoke and lag we recently did the dieselsite ww2, wastegate controller and boost fooler. I also did these spring flanged up pipes got on ebay. No gaskets, way more better seal.

I have to say the upgraded up pipes were under rated. After the stage one injectors the exhaust leaks were more and more obvious. Really poor mpg was the first sign.

I also just replaced a failing cps with the new cheap ones at ford and an icp sensor that had oil in the plug. Those two things made the truck run better.

Now my set up hardly smokes at all towing, mild plume if you stab it in low boost.
In race, I can smoke if I floor it, but once she lights it just a light haze.
The rate of boost is what shocks, let alone the amazing sound of the new ww2! I can slap 35psi quick and surge it around 40psi.

My egts are easier to control now, compared with the stock injectors and tuning! My icp is over 3k and my fuel pressure gets down to 47psi at the end of the fuel rails under full pull. Other wise fuel pressure is mid 50's.

I have not played with the wastegate controller, I am going to drive around with my AE to monitor my back pressure soon to see where I'm at and whats going on with drive pressures.

Very stoked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 06:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Great info, were all the upgrades done at once or were you able to feel the difference of each upgrade (sounds like the injectors and tune were done at the same time)
Old 05-21-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeluver43 View Post
Great info, were all the upgrades done at once or were you able to feel the difference of each upgrade (sounds like the injectors and tune were done at the same time)
1st Injectors and tuning...huge gain but no where close to what the turbo area mods gave this.

few months later Icp and cps..noticed cleaned up idle and starting.

Few weeks later ww2, waste gate controller, boost fooler and up pipes... these are the parts that brought it all together. The injectors and tunes potential were wasted with out addressing the turbo.

I'll bet so many people have leaky up pipes and waste money in other areas besides poor mpg.

I see almost no smoke in the dd or tow tune, just stabbing it under 10psi a mild plum. In race you can mitigate the cloud by getting onto more gradually.

In any tune from 15-30+psi is sooo fast!

I've got probably 50k on the BTS. This thing is half of the equation for power to the wheels. Solid power delivery. I'd probably destroy a stock trans in days with this power and driving habits.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:06 AM

Good to know. I've been debating on getting a wheel and upgrading other parts of the stock turbo or just putting that money towards a 38R or Thruster considering my turbo has 180k + miles on it already. Glad to hear it made a big difference (up pipes as well)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Premium Member

Congrats!!

Tom
Old 05-22-2013, 04:39 PM

did you do the up pipes yourself or have them done and if you did them yourself did you use heat to get the bolts out. Sounds awesome I have everything you have minus injectors and the up pipes and I am going to do both just dreading doing the up pipes.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:38 PM

ya up pipes was the least Favorite thing ive done on my truck...
i couldnt get the bolts to come out of the collector. i ended up cutting the pipes right below the Y collector and that was a godsend.
Sawzalls are the best.
make sure you put high temp anti seize on everything when you put everything back together.

and i soaked every dang bolt with Aerokroil for 2-3 days beforehand.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyU View Post
did you do the up pipes yourself or have them done and if you did them yourself did you use heat to get the bolts out. Sounds awesome I have everything you have minus injectors and the up pipes and I am going to do both just dreading doing the up pipes.
Thank The Lord I did not try the up pipes. I debated cause it looks so easy right. The shop spent hours on one bolt broke and seized in the exhaust manifold, they ended up drilling it out. I went in and checked out their delay and was laughing at them in fun. Happy to pay that bill!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.