BD Turbo Wheel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 09:04 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BD Turbo Wheel

I decided to go with the BD billet turbo wheel. It took about 45 mins to take off the old one, another 45 to clean up all the dirt and grime off everything and about a half an hour to re-install the parts. Man what a difference! My boost stayed the same at about 24.5psi but my low end and midrange was dramatically increased. Top end did great also. EGT dropped a bit also while cruising down the freeway. I previously had a harsh turbo surge after installing the SCT SF3 tuner(performance mode). Now its gone. Im one happy camper.
Im overall satisfied with this product and highly recommend it. I weighed the old wheel and the new wheel on a cheap Harbor Freight scale and the new billet wheel weighed in at a half ounce lighter that the stock unit.

Here is a link to a few pics I took. Dont mind the dirty engine bay. I just got back from an offroad/camping trip to Vulcan Mine and havent had a chance to clean things up.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q1my6zcue...rooper%20turbo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Great input, I'm definitely thinking of picking one of these up. I really would like a little more low end torque (spool) from the truck for towing and this wheel (or the WW2) sounds like the ticket.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:43 PM

question for the OP...what made you pick that over the ww2?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannanw View Post
question for the OP...what made you pick that over the ww2?
The main reason was because of the price difference and both products had great reviews.. I was originally going to do the WWI. Then after seeing some recent reviews of the BD billet and the WWII, I decided to raise my budget a bit. After doing a search on ebay I noticed that the BD was going for around $185. WWII was about $229. Both free shipping.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:10 AM

From what I'm seeing between this, the RiffRaff Wheel, and the WW2 - all the results are nearly the same. I'm thinking either of the 3 will probably be about equal in getting the power out of a stock turbo setup, and more of it comes down to price or preference.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:26 AM

I did this same wheel off ebay 185 shipped saw a 8lb gain 10lb peak and muchhh faster spooling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.