1.00 a/r vs 1.10 TURBOS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 11:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1.00 a/r vs 1.10 TURBOS

so i work at a car lot and have 3 strokers. two with the 1.00 stamped on the turbo housing and one with 1.10. i know thats just the housing but is one better than the other?

to add to this the 1.10 truck was chiped. edge with a screen. but it seemed to fall on its face when you punched it. i yanked the chip and now it runs fine? why?

it now runs pretty quick with good throttle responce., is that just that turbo? should i swap it with my trucks 1.00??

any input helps i have no clue!!

JD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 06Blackmamba Send a message via Yahoo to 06Blackmamba
bigger turbo is always better for top end,,, does it smoke like hell with the tuner? or some smoke then nothing after 2000 if that is the case not enough fuel for the turbo to work right and engine is starving
Old 02-24-2008, 12:15 AM

it doesnt smoke at all no matter what setting or after i yanked the chip. so i need more fuel? how does that get fixed?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:19 AM

ok another question is the chip working??????? or is it fryed from someone reflashing with it hooked up? or just not plugged in right? its hard to say but if your running an edge i would think on the top level it smoke like hell untill it got boost! how many miles are on the truck and what year?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:22 AM

its a pre 99.5 the trucks only got 99k on it. and i have doubts on the chip right now because of how it ran after i yanked it. is there anyway to tell if there good? whats flashing it? sorry i dont know much
Old 02-24-2008, 12:30 AM

ok heres an idea make it simple you said you have three trucks try installing it on another and see what it does if it doesn't work and does the samething then some one at a dealer like ME! that was pissed off at a custmer reflashed the ecm while the edge was on and set on a tuner level. it erased some of the programing and the truck ran like crap tell he took it off. i was mean way back when. lol Ok if the trucks are 7.3 liter and the chip works then something with that truck pcm/ecm is not wanting to work with the chip. or the guy didn't know what he was doing and killed the HPOP high pressure oil pump and won't supply the need fuel the chip is wanting to push and the engine is going in limp mode. what othere mods on the truck do you notice? look at the otheres and see what is different if it has a different fuel pump or what. and last not saying your stupid but check the oil is it low or lots of fuel in it dirty as hell?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:40 AM

no the oil is fine. its a really clean motor actually. ill try installing the chip on another one. it really dont have any other upgrades that i have noticed. just a filter and that turbo. and ddont worry your helpin so if i need to be called stuped i need it haha.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:47 AM

hmmm yea like i said try it on another truck see what it does. if its just doing it on that truck might want someone to go threw the engine, wiring and stuff to see what its doing. no engine lights came on did they?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:50 AM

service engine soon light comes on just for a second when you nailed it. only with the chip though. i also forgot to mention the lift pump is wining . i can see it affecting it but cant see it being the whole cause
Old 02-24-2008, 08:56 AM

sounds like the pump won't supply the fuel it needs. try it on those othere trucks see what happens. also make sure that chip is for that your of truck and not the 96 97 trucks lol. get the product number and look it up see what you find~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.