john wood valve body question... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
john wood valve body question...

I just purchased a 2000 f250 with a little over 100k miles on the 7.3 . I was told by a few people on here to upgrade to a john wood valve body. I was curious if anyone knew about what the going labor rate should be to have one of these installed? Also are there any other things I should do while i'm at it to try and help out the stock tranny? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Dude man its easy has hell to install the valve body i have a early 99 i just installed the john woods valve body took me 20mins un do the tranny pan drain plug darin the tranny pan down into a bucket if u wanna re use the fluid pull the tranny pan bolts out 10mm save the gasket you can re use it as long as its a factory ford gasket they are rubber take the pan down pull the filter out of the tranny carefull cause there is still some fluid in there dump it out into the bucket there are 2 10mm nuts take them out then the rest is 8mm bolts pull them all out if you dont know where the valve body is its in the very front of the tranny its about 15inch long by 8inchs wide something like that you can miss it once its out put the new one back up in there it can only go in one way so u cant mess that up lol once all the bolts are in and 2 nuts torque everything to 80inch pounds and thats it put the filter back in good ideal to change it while ur in there put the filter back in install the gasket and pan tighten the pan bolts by hand with a ratchet till they are tight and thats it man just put ur fluid back in the tranny through the dip stick and ur done drive and enjoy it my truck shifts so much better now what a change that made
Old 02-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

O DONT FORGET THE DRAIN PLUG FOR THE TRANNY PAN!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggin49 View Post
I just purchased a 2000 f250 with a little over 100k miles on the 7.3 . I was told by a few people on here to upgrade to a john wood valve body. I was curious if anyone knew about what the going labor rate should be to have one of these installed? Also are there any other things I should do while i'm at it to try and help out the stock tranny? Thanks.
Free. DIY!!! It is mindless. The only problem is tranny fluid is dripping in your eyes and you need an in/lb torque wrench. My frickin wife could do this mod!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I forgot. Go to guzzle's page and he has install instructions. For some reason he calls it a BTS, () but his directions will work. Yours just won't come with the "reverse slush" and the plate.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflem849 View Post
For some reason he calls it a BTS.
BTS stands for Brians truck shop. He is another well known tranny builder Here is a link to guzzles writeup will give you an idea with pics of what is involved Welcome to guzzle's BTS Valve Body Web Page
Old 02-27-2008, 09:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalidle View Post
BTS stands for Brians truck shop. He is another well known tranny builder Here is a link to guzzles writeup will give you an idea with pics of what is involved Welcome to guzzle's BTS Valve Body Web Page

I know. Lame attempt at a joke. That and the vocal inflection wasn't there...
BTS is all "another" forum preaches and I dissented from them and went JWVB
Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Ahhh okay went right over my head
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.