Programmers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Proud to Serve

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Programmers

I am wanting to get a programmer for my 2002 7.3 PSD. The main thing I am looking for is improved fuel mileage. I am looking to get either the SCT Livewire, Edge Evolution, or the Quadzilla Commander. Which of these would be good for fuel mileage. Also I ordered a muffler delete, will this increase fuel mileage at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
out of those 3 choices i would get the edge evo... remember you will also need a set of gauges so the edge evo 2 is the ideal choice for your from those choices.... if i could recommend something else it would be a custom tuned chip from Tony Wildman or Dp tuner and a set of gauges....
Old 02-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Proud to Serve

I am on a limited budget so I'd like to get the gauges along with the programs. what is the best deal I can get on one of the Evo 2's?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

here is mine: Stealth Automotive. Edge Evolution 2 Programmer FORD
you might be able to find it cheaper on like Ebay but any MVP edge dealer will be around the same price....
Old 02-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm looking for the same thing you are, i drive an '01 F350. I've read of several guys getting their trannys burned out using the Edge programmers on 7.3's, check it out on competition diesel forum. I'm still very unsure what I'll be getting, the more I research it the more complicated it seems.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblack350 View Post
I'm looking for the same thing you are, i drive an '01 F350. I've read of several guys getting their trannys burned out using the Edge programmers on 7.3's, check it out on competition diesel forum. I'm still very unsure what I'll be getting, the more I research it the more complicated it seems.
i had the evo on my truck for over a year and loved it..... now the edge juice has no trans features and thats usually the one everyone complains about.. but the evo was great to me... i have no bad things to say about it

-Raul
Old 02-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
i had the evo on my truck for over a year and loved it..... now the edge juice has no trans features and thats usually the one everyone complains about.. but the evo was great to me... i have no bad things to say about it

-Raul
Garbage, Garbage, Garbage
Whatever you do DON'T get the Edge Evo. They burn up trannies like no ones business ( I just ditched my EVO after shelling out 3K for a tranny)
And I RARELY ran it on the Extreme setting, I usually ran it just on the lowest (tow) setting and it still smoked the trans.
DO NOT SKIMP ON A PROGRAMMER, I DID AND I PAID FOR IT WITH A 3K TRANNY REBUILD.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmalards View Post
Garbage, Garbage, Garbage
Whatever you do DON'T get the Edge Evo. They burn up trannies like no ones business ( I just ditched my EVO after shelling out 3K for a tranny)
And I RARELY ran it on the Extreme setting, I usually ran it just on the lowest (tow) setting and it still smoked the trans.
DO NOT SKIMP ON A PROGRAMMER, I DID AND I PAID FOR IT WITH A 3K TRANNY REBUILD.
im just giving my experience on it... you 100% sure the programmer burned up your trans and not something else? dont get me wrong if i can give a choice on what to go with i would tell him to go with a TW chip or DP but he specifically wants a monitor and programmer in 1....
Old 02-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
im just giving my experience on it... you 100% sure the programmer burned up your trans and not something else? dont get me wrong if i can give a choice on what to go with i would tell him to go with a TW chip or DP but he specifically wants a monitor and programmer in 1....
Something else like what? My K&N or Straight pipe
I'm 100% POSITIVE it was the EVO. Researching I found complaints with the EXACT symptoms mine had. I think the only thing worse than the EVO is the Bully Dog
Old 02-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmalards View Post
Something else like what? My K&N or Straight pipe
I'm 100% POSITIVE it was the EVO. Researching I found complaints with the EXACT symptoms mine had. I think the only thing worse than the EVO is the Bully Dog
well i didnt have that same experience.. with my lift and my stock gears it ran great..... i was referring to maybe something like your TC was already going bad to begin with causing excess heat once you put any power upgrades to the engine causing the death of your trans.... just a thought
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.