I'm worried, Edge Evolution II stuck on 89% - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm worried, Edge Evolution II stuck on 89%

Okay I have a 2002 F250 with the 7.3. Well I bought a edge evolution II programmer for it. Supposedly it was used but when I received it, everything was still in the factory plastic and looked an smelled new. It's not VIN locked or anything and the diagnostics and monitoring worked like a charm. Anyway, now I'm trying to load the level 1 tow program on it and everything was going great until it got to the Writing Section 4 of 4 and it's been stuck on 89% for about 20 minutes. I'm worried and dont want to turn the key off or unplug it with fear that it will screw up the PCM. What do I do? It's Saturday and edge isn't open to ask them. : (

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would give it a hour. If it hasn't moved at that point you don't have much choice but to turn the key off. If your lucky you will be able to retry the burn. If your not so lucky, you will need to tow the truck to a dealer to have it re-flashed and pay to have the edge unlocked.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok so it sat on 89% for over an hour so I decided to pull the trigger and unplug it from the OBD port. I then turned the key off and tried to start it and noticed I didn't hear all of the normal priming at startup. So it was just cranking and cranking and never did start. So I went inside and tried to use the Fusion software that came with it. It kept getting hung up and telling me it couldn't access some .dll file. So after finally finding an updated version of the fusion software on edge's website, I was able to update the tuner. It prompted me to try it on the truck and when I did, thankfully it gave me a message that the previous tune was unsuccessful. I loaded the stock tune back on it and everything is so far so good. I assume the update was what was needed but I'm still a little gunshy and not sure if I should try the tune again or not.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Premium Member

Go for it. Update should have solved the problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-28-2013, 12:52 PM

I've had this problem with mine a few times. Unplug the edge, turn key off, plug edge back in, follow prompts to go to main menu. Then retry changing power levels. And speaking of updates, I need to check mine
Old 04-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

letting something sit for that long is worse than just unplugging it and letting it go into recovery. glad you didn't smoke your pcm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7.3, edge, evolution, stuck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.