Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

TS 6-position chip??

819 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  vitalidle 
#1 ·
I just put a TS chip in my 1999 F250. I was wondering if I drive normal when it is set on the 140 hp, will this do harm to my transmission? I know if I constantly slam the pedal down it will, but will it if I drive normal? Thanks a bunch guys, can always count on powerstrokeforum.

#2 ·
Well can you drive normal with it set at 140? lol. I know what your saying and I would put it this way your chances are less then if you hammer it all the time:thumb:

#3 ·
Haha. It is tempting. When I do drive it normal, there is no torque converter slippage or shuttering of any sort, so I concluded it is not doing any harm. I just wanted some input from other people.

#4 ·
You will suck more fuel down, and the timing is pretty advanced... but as far as tranny damage, if you not on it, you should be fine.

#5 ·
sorry to steal your thread but i had a question for vitalidle, just wondering how the combo of wheel and housing worked...i was thinking of doing the same thing

#6 ·
I really like it, but I don't plan on going with bigger injectors so it works well for my application. I was looking to get some longevity out of my stocker and I was able to pick up the housing for a really good deal. If you plan on bigger injectors down the road then I would recommend a different turbo all together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.