Edge Evo 2 vs. DP Tuner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 05:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Evo 2 vs. DP Tuner

How do the new edge evolution 2 and the dp tuner compare to each other performance wise? I like the evo 2 since it eliminates the need for seperate gauges but I hear nothing but good things about the dp tuner. Anyone on here ever use both? Informed opinions are always welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2008, 05:26 AM

The DP Tuner won't compare to the to the Edge. I had an edge evolution many moons ago... now I have a DP tuner and it is an amazing difference. I don't know how to describe it, but you'll know the difference as soon as you hook it to your truck.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:31 AM

there is no comparison especally if you like your motor and want to keep your egts as low as possible add in flexibility updates reburns for new mods shift on the fly programs plus haveing custom files burnt for you the way you want them matching your needs and driving stlye plus being able to pick up the phone and call the owner of the company and talk to him about your truck and chip to get exactly what you want instead of adjusting to and getting used to what ever came in the box you picked up at the store that was comprimised to work on every 7.3 from 96-03 nope no comparison dp tuner all the way
Old 02-17-2008, 05:38 AM

I was actually still leaning towards the dp tuner and pillar gauges but noticed the new evo 2 had gauge features including egt's. Then I read the post by strokinearlyin99 and wondered if things had changed. I do like the fact that I can get a chip custom tailored to my needs and habits and its hard to beat the personal service that comes with a dp tuner.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:05 AM

nope nothings changed he's just never ran a dp and hes like a kid with new toy now itll wear off when a buddy of his gets a dp ive ran hypertech,superchips,predator and edge programmers ill give him this of them all yes edge was the best but not even in the same league as dp
Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 AM

DP all day long my friend, dont waste your money cuz you will be wanting the DP shortly after you install the edge!! lol
Old 02-17-2008, 07:30 AM

Thats what I wanted, the voice or voices of experience. I've just been paying a lot of attention to posts about tuners and chips and there are a lot of conflicting points of view. I figured I would just cut thru all the bs and ask people who have used both. Tahnks everyone!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:39 AM

DP all the way if you make upgrades after you install it, just send it back and Jody will re-flash it to match those upgrades
Old 02-17-2008, 05:51 PM

Well based on everyones opinion of DP Tuner as the absolute one to have I ordered mine tonight. Now I have to wait and I don't wanna wait, I feel like a kid at Christmas!!!
Thank you everyone for the advice and for sharing your experience. I'll be asking more when I can get my paws on some more coin. Geez I need more OT at work, actually any OT would be nice.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:53 PM

congrats, you'll be in love when you get that chip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.