Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tranny

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  CarportMechanic 
#1 ·
Got an 01 f450 4x4 with a beans 6pos in it and a cold air.
The guy I bought it from had an edge in it and I know there known for trashing trannies. Well 3 weeks later it went.

What should I build to make it hold hp and still be able to tow???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
John Woods is well known for his tranny work. From what I hear, BTS does a pretty good job as well. JW does have what he calls a "Tow Master" tranny. Good for 450hp, and made to tow.

#4 ·
Drop the coin on a bts and make the last trans purchase you will ever need to. Best mod I have ever done, and my truck is HIGHLY modded

#5 ·
BTS or JW, both are great.

#6 ·
For the money of a jw you can get a bts, I don't know if jw stands behind his trannys like brain does. If you get a bts and it breaks there is NO question that it will be repaired. That alone is worth the cost of the bts.

#7 ·
JW backs his the same as BTS does.

#8 ·
Edge tuners are horrible. I woud not get in a truck that has had one.

My dads tranny went out in under 60K. Never towed anything ever and he dont drive it like a race car. Could have got a lemon but I blame Edge as he had it since 5K miles.

I agree with all previous posts. BTS or JW. Either is a great choice. Or buy a 6 speed! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.