Bully Dog Outlook Monitor - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 07:41 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bully Dog Outlook Monitor

I am looking at getting a Bully Dog OUTLOOK Monitor. I recently picked up a Bully Dog 6 pos. chip for my 2001 F350, auto. Would an OUTLOOK Monitor work in conjunction with that chip as far as reading EGTs, Boost, Trans Temp???

What do you guys think about the OUTLOOK Monitor??? Accuracy??? Installation ease???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Emergency Services

first off - your avatar ROCKS!

i have been looking at those, too. I was thinking of using it in conjunction with a DP F5. Problem is, I have been able to find very little documentation from Bully Dog or anywhere else.

I am one of those guys who research the crap out of everything I buy. So, I have been a little disappointed in the Outlook's support base at Bully Dog. It almost seems at though there are things about it that they dont want you to know. I even emailed Bully Dog with questions -- no response.

It might be a great monitor. As for me - I am going to buy my stuff from someone with good customer support. Also, I haven't seen an outlook monitor for less than $400. I KNOW you can get Autometer (EGT/Boost?Trans temp) for less than that!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:02 AM

I just talked to a tech at Bully Dog about this and he related that for the 7.3L some of its functions are limited. I am going to research some other avenues.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i don't know about the 7.3, i have an 07 6.0 with the outlook monitor and love it. i was able to keep my grab handle thats why i chose it. it does everything i need it to do.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:21 PM

I am now looking into a Quadzilla XZT Recon, would love to stick with all bully dog though... maybe i will still run a shift kit from them
Old 02-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if i'm not mistaking isn't the qudzilla the same as the outlook monitor? the outlook should be able to do everything you need. it does trans, coolant temp,2 pyros,boost,and 11 other things if you wanted. when i was looking i looked at the 2 and picked the outlook. good luck, just read about the 2 and find the best one for your needs. just my 2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.