New to me 7.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to me 7.3

I recently wrecked my Duramax. I purchased my 02 250 shortly after. Mind you the 250 is my dream truck however the 250 cannot even get on the same stretch of road with the Duramax it would blow the doors off of it. Like I said the 250 is my dream truck. The 7.3 to me is the best small diesel engine ever built due to its brute durability. Here in the south the 7.3 is the most saught after diesel truck out there now. Some people are paying up in the high twenty's for one. It has been a real challenge making the transition from the high torque and high hp to the 7.3. I have to say I was even a little dissapointed with the slugishness of the 7.3 I hope some of these mods can put the getty up in the 7.3. I don't have to have the fastest but its nice knowing if you have to go quick you can. I have and AFE stage I intake and have just ordered a 4" diamond eye turbo back exhaust. I am trying to pick out tuner I am stuck. Should I go with a Banks or Bully Dog or neither. Sorry for the long message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokewitpower View Post
I recently wrecked my Duramax. I purchased my 02 250 shortly after. Mind you the 250 is my dream truck however the 250 cannot even get on the same stretch of road with the Duramax it would blow the doors off of it. Like I said the 250 is my dream truck. The 7.3 to me is the best small diesel engine ever built due to its brute durability. Here in the south the 7.3 is the most saught after diesel truck out there now. Some people are paying up in the high twenty's for one. It has been a real challenge making the transition from the high torque and high hp to the 7.3. I have to say I was even a little dissapointed with the slugishness of the 7.3 I hope some of these mods can put the getty up in the 7.3. I don't have to have the fastest but its nice knowing if you have to go quick you can. I have and AFE stage I intake and have just ordered a 4" diamond eye turbo back exhaust. I am trying to pick out tuner I am stuck. Should I go with a Banks or Bully Dog or neither. Sorry for the long message.

I would go with DP tuner and forget the big marketing/propaganda of banks or bully dog. They can not even touch DP tuner in the power they put out and DP is much smoother to drive as well.

Make sure you get a set of gauges to watch the EGT's.

Keep Strokin'
Old 02-13-2008, 06:15 PM
International Threat

What year was the Dmax? If it was an LB7 or LLY or LBZ?

Either way, if you bought the same cab/bed configuration (similar weight) a chip will make it faster then ANY of the above mentioned 6.6's if they were stock.

PS I moved your post from a year old thread to a new one for you.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
International Threat

DP-tuner or Tony wildman for the tuning...
Old 02-13-2008, 06:18 PM
<<---"Shadow"---

Send a message via Yahoo to sea71
WELCOME to thie site. You will enjoy that 7.3 once you get her allset up.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:22 PM

i have 6 position bullydog you can try inexpensively first....200 shipped. made for 7.3 late 99 thru 03
Old 02-13-2008, 06:24 PM

06 Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
What year was the Dmax? If it was an LB7 or LLY or LBZ?

Either way, if you bought the same cab/bed configuration (similar weight) a chip will make it faster then ANY of the above mentioned 6.6's if they were stock.

PS I moved your post from a year old thread to a new one for you.
Thanks for the move. I had an 06 lly CC 4x4 with a Power Pup it would smoke all four and without a shadow of a doubt it would outrun my new girl
Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 PM

and welcome to the org. these guys are great here. alot of good friends with alot of knowledge!!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:29 PM

Thanks let me do some research

[QUOTE=craig long;446911]i have 6 position bullydog you can try inexpensively first....200 shipped. made for 7.3 late 99 thru 03[/QUOTE

Appreciate the offer but if everyone is recommending the DP I am going to try and track it down and look at the price? However I am partial to the bully dog because thats what I ran in my last truck. I will get back to you I may get the BD from you. Is it decent?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:31 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig long View Post
i have 6 position bullydog you can try inexpensively first....200 shipped. made for 7.3 late 99 thru 03
That is a great price an a 6 position chip. Send it off to DI or TW and get some good tunes on it. Then you will be on a good start of some added power.

Last edited by strokin_early_99; 02-13-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: I was out of line and I needed to make it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.