Map Sensor Signal to QZ Commander? Voltage/Current/Ect...??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SteveKran Send a message via Yahoo to SteveKran
Map Sensor Signal to QZ Commander? Voltage/Current/Ect...???

This is a convo stump and I were having (sorry, but it's a little out of order). Just curious if anyone knows a little more about it, preferrably a diesel tech.

What signal does the map sensor wire carry that the Quadzilla Commander taps into to read the boost pressure.

I'm going to be putting a boost fooler on my truck soon and want to find a way for the Commander to read the ACCURATE boost. I really don't want to put an analog gauge in my truck just to read the correct boost pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveKran
I'm going to start a thread about this. I'm curious what kind of signal the Commander is picking up from the map sensor wire, whether it is voltage/current/ect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump0331
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveKran
Hey man, will your commander read anything higher than 22psi of boost? Mine taps into my map sensor and it won't read any higher than that. I'm going to get the boost fooler so my computer won't throw a code when I'm WOT, but then my Commander still won't read what the boost really is. Is there a way around this?
you are the 1st person that ive had say that, ad yes i only see a max of 21psi, i have 2 seperate guages, (the quadzilla)that hooks to the map sesor, and then my snow water meth kit that hooks to the map line, and both wont read over 21. this has got me thinking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Edge reads voltage. After the MAP senses 24psi, which is 5V-DC, it reverts to the default 8psi reading until the SES light goes out. Some of the Edge units have been reported/advertised to include a MAP fooler built in. That will only fool the MAP and will read the altered voltage output there by displaying an inaccurate boost pressure.

If you are going to put in a MAP fooler then you can only read the fooled reading with your Edge. You will have to put in an analog gauge.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin_early_99 View Post
The Edge reads voltage. After the MAP senses 24psi, which is 5V-DC, it reverts to the default 8psi reading until the SES light goes out. Some of the Edge units have been reported/advertised to include a MAP fooler built in. That will only fool the MAP and will read the altered voltage output there by displaying an inaccurate boost pressure.

If you are going to put in a MAP fooler then you can only read the fooled reading with your Edge. You will have to put in an analog gauge.

I don't have an Edge, I have a Quadzilla Commander. I'm going to assume it also works the same though...

I wonder if Quadzilla's fuel pressure kit will work on my boost? All it needs to do is convert pressure to voltage, right?
Old 02-13-2008, 04:42 AM

bump........has anyone with a Commander delt with this problem?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:15 AM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

However, it is the same difference between the two. They both read the voltage feedback from the MAP. I don't know about using the fuel pressure sending unit as a boost pressure but I don't see how it would matter what you put the sending unit into. It should work just fine and you will get a real pressure reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.