need help with mod - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need help with mod

I raced a friend yesterday who has an early 99 7.3 with a k&n drop in filter same exhaust as I and a superchips micromax programmer. I have 100hp ac injectors, dp tuner diy intake, ccv mod, map fooler, 18k resistor mod(wich i think is outdone by the dp tuner), and a fuel press shim ( aprox 75psi ) and my truck is a late 99 7.3. I couldn't pull from him in the 140hp tune, and the 80hp tune. I barely pulled on him in the 120 tune. I would imagine i oughta be able to keep up if not barely pull on him in the stock mod tune. Please help with suggeston it just don't seem right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 11:40 AM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Every early '99 I have been in seems stronger than it should be. What is your friend's truck configuration? Do you weigh more, bigger tires, etc. You are probably running low on HPOP pressure in the 140 tune.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Early 99s don’t play around!
Just give him time, I bet that K&N drop in has already dusted his engine and dropped the compression down where she turns loose and fast, eventually she’ll get so low she won’t crank cold.

Your probably running out of high pressure oil with those big injectors and hot tuning, otherwise you shold smoke him with just a SCMT.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:06 PM

his is a long bed 2wd, and mine is a sb 4x4 both are a excabs he has about 30 to 50k on a rebuild. so I would give him that but not so close that i gained absolutly no ground in the 140 and 80 hp modes. and only very little in the 120. also ross at dynomite diesel says that the single shots use a fair amount less of the hpo so it wouldn't be a problem.
one other thing, who is using a tony wildman chip for single shots and how do you like it? I'm not all that satisfied with my dp tuner. all the things that it does that i asked him about he says is my truck i don't believe because it only does it my firrst 6 tunes and not the last 2 ( 120race and 140 agressive)
Old 02-10-2008, 01:08 PM

yep thats what i was gonna say your not makin the oil you need with those injectors and a stock pump and trying to run a 140 tune sorry bud think you done your mods in the wrong order im willing to bet your trucks faster on the lower hp tunes than the high ones and thats why trying to run big injectors with stock pump and turbo! your truck would be faster right now with smaller injectors
Old 02-10-2008, 01:08 PM

ps. his truck is also alot quieter and smoother than mine, I know that the singles are alittle lounder but come on, mine sounds like an old 12v cummins. and idle like a drag car
Old 02-10-2008, 01:09 PM

the only reason i did the injectors at this piont is cus my stockers took a dump
Old 02-10-2008, 01:18 PM

well thatd be the time to do it for sure but now you need to be looking at turbos and oil big injectors need a bigger turbo and more oil youve added more fuel now you need more air one doesnt work without the other and yes singles are supossed to use less oil than splits but im betting when you stand on it your getting the cel and the code will be from the icp not able to keep up and i dont think id have went with singles iv yet to hear from anyone thats got them truely dialed in to idle smooth and run flawless
Old 02-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned

you definately need more oil to run those injectors...
Old 02-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by siloped View Post
the only reason i did the injectors at this piont is cus my stockers took a dump
I'll buy the AC's from ya' and give you a clean set of AD's......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.