want 500hp what do i need - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
want 500hp what do i need

hi guys like the title says i want 500 hp.i have a 2000 cclb with 265,000 runs great. aem intake, built tranny,edge programmer(i know ).i have a fass 150 not installed.i was wondering what i need to start gathering.and how much you think it will cost me.thanks again.Rocco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Tranny built by who?
You'll NOT need a FASS. Get a regulated return, bowl delete. Check strictly diesel.
Most likely injectors, turbo, custom tunes, fuel system, possibly bigger HPOP(?).
Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

tranny built by my friendhas billet converter,billet shafts,hardened parts. it will last he's built a bunch of trannys for me and they are all good.now is the fass no good?or should i just sell it?thanks for the help
Old 04-14-2013, 08:07 PM

You'll need like $10'000
Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You will need Mucho Dinero.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to rufushusky
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle rocco View Post
hi guys like the title says i want 500 hp.i have a 2000 cclb with 265,000 runs great. aem intake, built tranny,edge programmer(i know ).i have a fass 150 not installed.i was wondering what i need to start gathering.and how much you think it will cost me.thanks again.Rocco
I had their product on my dodge and I am not Fass' biggest fan... pumps are hit or miss quality (I had one last 200 miles thank the Lord for warranties) and I wouldn't use their crappy filters on my $50 lawn mower.

Like mentioned above get or build a RR system, get ready to spend some $$$$$$$$ on tubro's, injectors, etc etc...
Old 04-15-2013, 09:13 AM

I would sell the fast a use the money to buy a regulated return. I laied down 468 hp with my setup. A set of 238cc injectors should get you there but i would just get 250cc and tune them down. There is a whole lot of different turbos to choose from but i'd go bigger then the 38r.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Intake, exhaust, custom tunes, full regulated return fuel system, at least stage 3 injectors(238/100), bigger turbo(I recommend Bell HFSB), big oil, and then I would add valve springs, push rods, and studs as well just for safe measure. You also have to make sure your transmission can hold this power. Your friend who built the tranny better have a good warranty

The total dollar value will not be cheap. You are looking at around at least $8000-$9000 for the turbo setup, injectors, RR fuel system, custom tunes, oil system, springs, studs, and push rods. That doesn't include anything regrading the transmission or any other small modifications people do at that power level.

We can get you setup with everything you need to get there if you are interested though. Feel free to contact me if so.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Modded H2e
250/100's
Head studs
Valve springs
Complete reg return post filter kit
TS chip.TW custom's
Guages, intake and exhaust

Easyly make 500+

We have everything..PM me if I can help

Cary
Old 04-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle rocco View Post
Honestly, as nice as it would be to have a 500hp 7.3, it would be much easier/cheaper to get it done on a 6.0. Since you already have 250,000 miles on that engine, you would probably be better served doing a complete overhaul, or trading it off for a 6.0. Nothing wrong with a 7.3L with 250,000 miles, but I don't know how many of them make 500hp for that long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.