4'' turbine outlet - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 11:01 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4'' turbine outlet

i was lookin around on the internet a while ago and found an outlet that said it was a true 4'', where most are 3.25 or 3.5. i've been tryin to find it again and can't. does anybody know where i can get a 4'' outlet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2008, 02:02 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have not seen one for a ford.

The factory outlet is 2.8" and the high flow outlets I have seen(BWG & GDS) are 3.2".

Keep in mind you would then need a custom down pipe made since all of the commercially available flanges are 3.5".
Old 02-08-2008, 06:06 PM

i think the gds is a 3.5 probly just get it for now
Old 02-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

I might be wrong but the 3.5 isn't for the stock turbo I think its for their turbo. I have the GDS but I never measured it, but pretty sure its 3.2"
Old 02-08-2008, 08:54 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfastwitey View Post
i think the gds is a 3.5 probly just get it for now
GDS HI-FLOW POWER OUTLET

Need to lose more exhaust heat? The GDS Hi-Flow Power Outlet can easily reduce exhaust temperatures over 100 degrees for less than $200.00! While upgrading your turbo or exhaust system, we recommend always installing a GDS Hi-Flow Power Outlet on the turbo to replace the stock outlet piece. This will eliminate the stock EBP valve on most applications, and further reduce exhaust backpressure even on a non-EBP valve equipped motors. The stock outlet piece has three major flaws, all of which are remedied with this long overdue casting.

1. In most states it contains an electronic backpressure valve to aid engine warm up times. This butterfly valve is located at the worst possible position as far as performance is concerned. It is right where the exhaust is exiting the turbo transitioning from high pressure pre-turbo to lower post turbo pressures. This results in an expansion of the exhaust gas trying to occur right where it hits a huge restriction (the e.b.p valve). This is further amplified by the fact that the exhaust gasses are exiting the turbine in a swirling vortex and hitting the flapper valve within inches of the turbine wheel, further slowing exhaust flow. The GDS casting has no valve or provision for a valve!

2. The stock casting has a divider wall between the wastegate valve outlet chamber and the main exhaust outlet. This is a bad idea when trying to increase exhaust flow because it forces the wastegated exhaust to back up before it can enter the main exhaust stream and exit the casting. Keep in mind that the exhaust exiting the wastegate valve is coming out at a higher pre turbo pressure so when it has to reverse flow and try to enter the exhaust stream just upstream of the e.b.p. valve, it certainly doesn’t help exhaust flow! The GDS casting has removed this dividing wall completely.

3. Next is the inside diameter of the exhaust outlet. Stock is about a 2.8” i.d. with the very restrictive valve making its effective diameter much less. The GDS casting is an unrestricted 3.4” i.d., perfect for, and compatible with any performance exhaust systems with a 3.5” or 4” downpipe. Note; there is also Hi-Flow outlet available for stock turbos with a 3.2" i.d.
This exhaust outlet casting should drop exhaust temperatures about 150 degrees on a stock turbo and will optimize the exhaust flow with the GDS Ball Buster turbo.

The info above is from the GDS site. If you can somehow get the 3.5" outlet for your stock turbo from GDS, make sure share the part number with us all.

Good Luck!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:45 PM

that one should work on a stock turbo shouldn't it? from what i understand most of the upgraded turboes have the same bolt pattern for the factory ebpv but a larger turbine outlet. so both of us are right, haha. i forgot about readin that. i just remembered they had a 3.5,my bad homes
Old 02-08-2008, 11:13 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

You have a good point there, I would call them and find out. Let us know. It is always nice to find a way to drop EGT's.

That means you can add more fuel to make more power.

Last edited by strokin_early_99; 02-08-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.