Need Advice on Extreme Horsepower? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Need Advice on Extreme Horsepower?

I have a 2002 F-250 with 100,000 miles. 2WD. Just installed a Edge Juice w/Attitude at 75 Hp on top of Bully Dog's Power Pup at 120 Hp. Only mods I have are intake system and dumped exhaust under my cab. Are upgraded turbos, upgraded intercoolers, and other things like this really necessary? Any advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

First of all you'd be better off with a single chip, Tony Wildman or DP Tuner, than stacking that... stuff, but keep the monitor for gauges.

If you want to keep going bigger in the future, injectors and turbo would be some things to look at with supporting mods to keep things safe.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:02 PM

i would say start saving for a built tranny. cuz with that power you will prolly need one sooner or later
Old 02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
what exactly you looking to do? you would be better off ditching both of those and going with a custom chip like the TW 6pos chip... staking doesnt really do anything and at the most you only gain less than 10hp to the wheels with stacking.....i have dynoed my truck running the juice with the evo and many other combinations to find out if stacking is worth it and bottom line it wasnt... my TW chip will blow any of the stacking i did out of the water and the trans likes it way better too......

but to answer your question you dont need all those things.. just depends on what your planning on doing with your truck...

let me know if you have any questions

-Raul
Old 02-05-2008, 10:39 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by faststroker View Post
I have a 2002 F-250 with 100,000 miles. 2WD. Just installed a Edge Juice w/Attitude at 75 Hp on top of Bully Dog's Power Pup at 120 Hp. Only mods I have are intake system and dumped exhaust under my cab. Are upgraded turbos, upgraded intercoolers, and other things like this really necessary? Any advice
Things like exhaust, trans mods, turbos, injectors are necessary if you want to make big power. If it was not necessary I would not have dropped $13K into my truck in the last year....

Just to clarify, you have one tuner on 120hp and another on 75hp. Don't even think you have 195hp added to the truck. That will not happen even with custom tuning and it sure as heck is not with generic tunes. With your current setup I would bet you are only around 300hp, tops. Some turbo mods or a upgraded turbo will be needed to get any more out of it. Injectors are needed if you want more still since fuel makes power. Then after all that and you get injectors then you need tuning because the injectors are single shot and your truck has split shot injectors.

And even after all that is in the truck, you will not be able to use it because your rods are only able to hold up to 400-425hp
Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 PM

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin_early_99 View Post

And even after all that is in the truck, you will not be able to use it because your rods are only able to hold up to 400-425hp

great way to crush the thought of really big power in a hurry

its true though
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 AM

Ahhhh PMR's.... Only good thing about my motor blowing... I dont have them anymore...
Old 02-06-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Ahhhh PMR's.... Only good thing about my motor blowing... I dont have them anymore...
PMR's? what are those and how do I know if I have them? I know they have something to do with rods. and if I got em, what are my limitations?

from what i have read they are not as good as others?
Old 02-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Banned

With an 01 there is a 99.5% chance that you have PMRs and not the stronger forged rods. The PMRs are good for somewhere around 400 rwhp before they give up.

As far as max hp gains, you will have a hard time making more than an additional 100 hp without upgrading the HPOP. Good custom tunes peter out above that level without more high pressure oil.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
With an 01 there is a 99.5% chance that you have PMRs and not the stronger forged rods. The PMRs are good for somewhere around 400 rwhp before they give up.

As far as max hp gains, you will have a hard time making more than an additional 100 hp without upgrading the HPOP. Good custom tunes peter out above that level without more high pressure oil.

Wrong buddy... You can upgrade injectors, and turbos as well... With a chip (any chip) Intake and exhaust you will be at 300-320... You can add injectors (hybrids) and a turbo and be at 400-450... Add Dual HPOP's and be close to 500.

But you dont want to go much over 400 if you like your block...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.