Best 7.3 programmer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best 7.3 programmer

Looking for a good programmer but want one I can mount on the dash and make changes on the fly, One with the screen display. I looked at Bully Dog but dont see many reviews about it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

With a programmer on a 7.3L, you cannot really change tunes on the fly. The reason being that they flash the PCM and the truck must be off to do that. Any product that claims it is shift on the fly is not really a programmer. It is just an ICP fooler. However, a chip that plugs into the PCM is switch on the fly. Most people opt to go with a chip when they want to be able to change tunes on the fly.

You can also get a monitor and a chip and have the best of both worlds. We have a product called the Infinity which is a monitor and a programmer. It will monitor generic and Ford enhanced data, run diagnostic tests, tune, datalog, and more. You can also add additional inputs to it so it can monitor data that the PCM does not see. This would include EGT and fuel pressure. Although the Infinity itself cannot change tunes on the fly, you will be able to connect it to a multi-position chip and have it work as a switching unit for the chip. The product that will enable this should be available very shortly.

HERE is a link to the Infinity if you would like to check it out.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I stuck a SCT tuner on my buddys 7.3 Works pretty good... but still not a shift on the fly.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to MA-n-GA
I recently bought an 02 and it has a Bully Dog GT(gauge tuner) on it. Only had truck a few days and still learning the tuner. Can adjust throttle senetivity, can swap the display to monitor all kinds of systems(4 on screen at once), and claims to be change on fly. On left side of tuner can swap between stock tune, tow, performance, and extreme. I havent tried messing with it yet to I learn little more about the tuner.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The best one is a ts with custom tunes. If you want a display look at an edge cs or cts monitor. I would really waste my money on anything other than custom tunes.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Gunner

I run the PHP Hydra.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
X2 what Justin said. 6pos tied into the Infinity would absolutely be the way to go. You also get built in, that's similar to AutoEnginuity, diagnostic software.

Add it up price difference.

Good quality gauges, pillar pod, AE (having to mess around with a laptop and battery going dead, plus the time to install all the gauges.
VS
Just plug in the Infinity and a little bit of setup time.

I really wish they had this two years ago. I would have bought it in a heartbeat. I dont have it yet, but its on my list. So nice to be able to have engine diagnostics all the time instead of waiting until you get back home or having to go to the dealer if your on vacation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-01-2013, 11:29 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
TS chip with custom tunes...then get quality pillar gauges Isspro's..will end up cheaper.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
X2 what Justin said. 6pos tied into the Infinity would absolutely be the way to go. You also get built in, that's similar to AutoEnginuity, diagnostic software.

Add it up price difference.

Good quality gauges, pillar pod, AE (having to mess around with a laptop and battery going dead, plus the time to install all the gauges.
VS
Just plug in the Infinity and a little bit of setup time.

I really wish they had this two years ago. I would have bought it in a heartbeat. I dont have it yet, but its on my list. So nice to be able to have engine diagnostics all the time instead of waiting until you get back home or having to go to the dealer if your on vacation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That is correct.

Purchasing a chip, gauges, and AE separately will run you more than just purchasing the Infinity.

Actually, for the price of a chip, some good gauges, and the AE Ford Enhanced bundle, you could pay about the same amount for our Infinity-PL which comes with 12 pre-loaded tunes for automatics and 10 pre-loaded tunes for manuals.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Justin,
Your last post said, "about the same amount for our Infinity-PL which comes with 12 pre-loaded tunes for automatics", I like the sound of that deal, but does that allow for "on the fly" tuning changes as the previouly mentioned 6 position chip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.