will a programmer help me? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
will a programmer help me?

i fried a pcm, now i have an aftermarket pcm that will not take either of 2 chips i have. yes, terminals were cleaned correctly.
since a programmer basically erases and reprograms pcms do you thinks this would be the way to get past the problem i am having? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Ole White

This will not fix the PCM Prob but would give you a power adder probably the best programer if I couldn't have a chip would be the Edge Evo but you might 1st want to check on Ebay and you local Junk Yards for a good used PCM.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:55 AM

do i need to match every code on the pcms? there are about 26 for my truck and year.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 AM

Are you a late or early 99? If your a late 99 then any NVK or PMT will work. If your an early... You have to find an XLE
Old 02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Joe, this guy got a reman PCM and it was supose to be the same PCM code as the factory PCM he fried. Now his chip won't work that use to work on the old PCM.

I still wonder just what PCM code they sent to him... I have asked, maybe he will give you an answer...
Old 02-06-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin_early_99 View Post
Joe, this guy got a reman PCM and it was supose to be the same PCM code as the factory PCM he fried. Now his chip won't work that use to work on the old PCM.

I still wonder just what PCM code they sent to him... I have asked, maybe he will give you an answer...

Thats why I think he has a late 99 and they sent him an XLE PCM...
Old 02-06-2008, 05:22 PM

hey guys.....i have the nvk and that is what i was supposed to get matched in the aftermarket.
but, like i said it ran like a dog, worse than stock....no bottom end and horrible economy.
i went to bob sight ford in kansas city today and just popped in on them and they were great. i got there a 1pm and they said they could see mee at 4:30. I got there at 4 and they let me drive right into the bay....probably because of the size of the truck and the presa canario in the back seat.
Mark, the tech new diesels and he downloaded 8 updates for me and put in the new cam sensor. ALL FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the chips still do not work.
the truck now has better bottom end pick up though. i am very happy.

Mark said the pcm now has the factory code and all updates and is as good as new oem, which is only $380 by the way. i thought it was 700 or so. that is why i bought the aftermarket for 250.

bullydog took a look at the chip, said it was good and even re burnt it.
maybe they lied and my old pcm burnt both of them. any ideas. the problem still is no wait to start light with the chips.
by the way, i did the diy air intake today. i will let you know tomorrow night. i bought the bb kit to up the fuel pressure to 70psi. Mrk said that factory is around 45psi and it would not do any harm with the shim. i will do it sat. and let you all know

thanks

Last edited by craig long; 02-06-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: mis spell and missed info
Old 02-06-2008, 06:08 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig long View Post
hey guys.....i have the nvk and that is what i was supposed to get matched in the aftermarket.
but, like i said it ran like a dog, worse than stock....no bottom end and horrible economy.
i went to bob sight ford in kansas city today and just popped in on them and they were great. i got there a 1pm and they said they could see mee at 4:30. I got there at 4 and they let me drive right into the bay....probably because of the size of the truck and the presa canario in the back seat.
Mark, the tech new diesels and he downloaded 8 updates for me and put in the new cam sensor. ALL FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the chips still do not work.
the truck now has better bottom end pick up though. i am very happy.

Mark said the pcm now has the factory code and all updates and is as good as new oem, which is only $380 by the way. i thought it was 700 or so. that is why i bought the aftermarket for 250.

bullydog took a look at the chip, said it was good and even re burnt it.
maybe they lied and my old pcm burnt both of them. any ideas. the problem still is no wait to start light with the chips.
by the way, i did the diy air intake today. i will let you know tomorrow night. i bought the bb kit to up the fuel pressure to 70psi. Mrk said that factory is around 45psi and it would not do any harm with the shim. i will do it sat. and let you all know

thanks

So, the bully dog chip is back in your hands already? Man, they did that fast. Good to hear that the chip is not fried. Have you tried to talk to the folks at the PCM shop to see if they disconnect something so chips won't work? Or mod something?

That is all too weird.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:15 PM

i will call them. they actually sent 1 before to me that they cleaned the tabs off for me. it was the wrong burn and left the sevice engine soon light on with no codes to be pulled. the new one was sent with the plastic coating intact and i cleaned it. neither pcm they sent me would take the chips.

bullydog was a week turn around in shipping and diagnostics.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.