Fuel Bowl Delet - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Bowl Delet

I saw this on ITP and was wonderin if anyone has done this or if it even worth doin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

"Worth it" depends on what you want. It wasn't developed for everyone looking to do fuel system mods because of the "custom" nature of it. It was developed mostly for my big power guys looking to make room in the valley for HPOP mods, multiple turbos, custom piping, etc. I've had some people do the bowl delete regulated return instead of the standard one because they're tired of all of the problems with leaking bowl o-rings and drain valves, just keep in mind that you'll have to install some kind of post-pump filter elsewhere in your system if you remove the factory bowl.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:07 PM

are you going to make a filter set up for this application
Old 02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pwrstroke View Post
I saw this on ITP and was wonderin if anyone has done this or if it even worth doin?
Done it yes, Worth it yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksttac View Post
are you going to make a filter set up for this application
He better. Or he better have a lot of money to replace the injectors often...LOL....

This is what the bowl delete looks like on my truck. It also makes it easy to show off the dual HPOP's:

This a shot of my fuel pump and filters durring installation:
Old 02-03-2008, 09:33 PM

thanks guys il have to do more lookin into it. If im gana go with a fass fuel sytem do you recommend me doin this
Old 02-04-2008, 08:04 AM

on itps website there is a spot where i thought it said they were going to make a filter kit for this if you do the bowl removal. im planning on doing the intank mod and the regulated return. i would like to delete the bowl so i dont have oring issues. but i would like to buy a filter kit before i do. i just dont want to change all of the things and keep the stock fuel bowl
Old 06-26-2008, 02:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cark
looking to revive this thread... I'm researching installing a FASS from a newer 7.3 on my 95. In doing so I'm looking to remove the stock bowl and basically everything past the FASS system. Just wondering if this is what you guy were talking about. I was reading the directions for the FASS install on a 99-03 and it shows the FASS feeding the stock injection pump, is this just to keep the install easier or is there a reason to keeping the additional injection pump and stock fuel bowl. The FASS pump should be more than powerful enough to feed fuel direct to the heads no? If the delete is done, what gets run from the FASS, just a single line that T's out and goes to the two fuel rails? I just bought my truck and am learning all about how the fuel system works. Sorry if I ignored any obvious stuff about the system, they say there is no such thing as a stupid question unless you already know the answer :-)

Last edited by Cark; 06-26-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Ah, so... I've been researching more and with the Airdog and the stock-moderate FASS system they DON'T replace the factory pump. They only pump @ 10 psi or so and still rely on the factory pump to provide high pressure fuel to the rails. If you want to get rid of the stock bowl and all of that (like I do) you need to get either the Airdog or FASS with a high pressure pump. So, question answered... for now... I think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.