stage 2 injectors reg fuel return kit hpx line question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stage 2 injectors reg fuel return kit hpx line question

I'm looking at dynomite diesel performances 120 hp injectors, is it a good idea to install itp regulated fuel return kit and a itp hpx oil line (connects oil pressure rails) to help these injectors or will these injectors function perfect without? also where should i hook a colbalt fuel pressure guage sending unit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 AM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel View Post
I'm looking at dynomite diesel performances 120 hp injectors, is it a good idea to install itp regulated fuel return kit and a itp hpx oil line (connects oil pressure rails) to help these injectors or will these injectors function perfect without? also where should i hook a colbalt fuel pressure guage sending unit?
A reg return fuel kit and hpx line would be necessary with a big set of sticks like that. You mght even need a FASS pump or something similar. The fuel pressure gauge (and I'm assuming you have a 6.0L) will plug in to the high pressure test port on the secondary fuel filter bowl under the hood. There's a factory plug, just remove it and plug in your sending unit.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:36 AM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Uhhhhh.....since he posted it in the 7.3 forum, I would venture to say it is not a 6.ooooooh.....

A fass is not needed to keep up with stage 2's. I ran my B codes off of a stock pump. Neither of the ITP items are mandatory however to get the most out of the injectors they are necessary. I put new lines on my fuel bowl and fed the heads from the rear. Then I put a cross over line on the fronts of the heads to help equalize fuel pressure.

The reason for the HPX line is to keep the oil pressure up. The firing order is 1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8. The oil pressure recovery time for the 7-3 and 6-8 cycle are the reason. This also why the reason for the fuel system upgrades, to keep pressure to those injectors.

On the back of the fuel bowl(towards the fire wall) is a plug that has uses an allan wrench to get it out. That is a #4 ORB fitting port, you will keed an adaptor to put in your fuel pressure gauge but that is where it goes.

Last edited by strokin_early_99; 02-02-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

2001 f250 lariat 7.3
Old 02-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hey that sounds great but i want to install a fuel guage inside my cab also the reg kit comes with the adjustable under the hood. i assume i should be watching how low the pressure goes when i hammer on it to pass.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm new to the site and heve not figured out how to put all my mods up. i only have a few
Old 02-02-2008, 10:12 AM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin_early_99 View Post
Uhhhhh.....since he posted it in the 7.3 forum, I would venture to say it is not a 6.ooooooh.....
Oops... missed that one, sorry.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

6.ooooooh...

Old 02-02-2008, 10:57 AM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel View Post
hey that sounds great but i want to install a fuel guage inside my cab also the reg kit comes with the adjustable under the hood. i assume i should be watching how low the pressure goes when i hammer on it to pass.
I don't quite understand why you can't mount a gauge in the cab. You can not mount a mechanical gauge in the cab without a fuel pressure isolator. I have an electric fuel pressurs gauge. I have the gauge mounted in the cab and the sending unit use to be in the bowl. Help me find the part I missed.

what do you mean by "The gauge comes with the adjustable under the hood"?

You want to see how far the pressure drops under WOT(wide open throttle). Idle pressure, cruising pressue and WOT pressure.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:01 AM
MARSOC > Seals

what would the normal be for all three pressures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.