Why so much 1/2in hose with 6.0 Tranny Cooler and Fitting Link - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why so much 1/2in hose with 6.0 Tranny Cooler and Fitting Link

I've been doing some reading about the 6.0 Tranny Cooler install. I've seen where alot of people seem to get there hands on 4-6 feet of 1/2 tranny hose. When taking a peak today my existing 3/8 lines don't seem to be that long. And since I'll be using fittings to go up 1/2in and still using some of the 3/8 line I don't see how I would ever need that much.

Hope someone can comment that has done this mod.

Also check out this site for barbed fittings Hose Barbs: Hose Mender, they offer a 3/8 to 1/2 union so you don't have to buy threaded ones and make they work like i've seen most people do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2008, 04:46 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Thats a good fitting to use. Nothing like that local, it really doesn't matter though!! You don't say what year truck you have. The late 99 and 2000 didn't have the trans cooler in the rad, so we need 6-8ft of 1/2" line to from the hardline on the frame to the cooler and back, if you have the OTW cooler you don't need as much. Just buy what you need , it's better to have a extra couple feet than not enough. It's not rocket science but it is one of the best mods you can do for your trans.
NCH
Old 01-19-2008, 09:05 AM

Since my truck does have the radiator/oil cooler, it's a 2003, it all makes sense now. I'll probably only need 2-3 ft. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:25 PM

It doesnt matter how much line you need just do the mod and be done with it. I have the 6.0 cooler in my truck and my tranny loves it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.