Dieselsite Boots - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 05:41 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dieselsite Boots

I installed them today, and used the tool Dave made to test for boost leaks. Took me all of about 2 hours, and I cleaned the tubes up.

I'm getting about 1-2 more PSI unloaded @ WOT and about 2-3 more PSI uphill (simulated loaded) @ WOT. So I'm guessing they helped. EGTS after 6 WOT runs to 100 mph yielded a max EGT of 1300*.

Ok here is my question - I used the boost tester, I regulated my air down to 25psi and plugged it in.

Air is escaping from the following places.
- CCV tube since I need to retighten it down, but I'm doing the reroute soon enough so I don't care.
- The GREEN tube that runs into the intake tube on the new TN BB unit. I noticed it fit loosely when I installed it, but it never comes out or anything w/o substantial pull.
- My homemade boost fooler needs more teflon tape or something, it's leaking at one of the ends. I'm actually going to just take that tube off and get a whole new line from Home Depot and delete the boost fooler since my DP Tuner apparently overrides it anyway (I had the boost fooler off) and still no code.

Ok, so no leaky boots but that's where it's leaking from.

The first two are PRE Turbo and the other is on the Mapline... I don't think EITHER would be considered "boost leaks" since boost foolers will open at the desired PSI and allow air to escape.

Anybody think otherwise?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 05:47 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

I would not consider any of them a real boost leak. I would do what you can to stop your boost fooler from leaking. Sound good.

The boots are the next thing I have to put on my truck. I am getting concerned with the high boost(51psi) and the stock intercooler boots I am using, will stop liking each other much longer.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Ole White

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've got the Dieselsite boots also they are great and much thicker.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:53 PM
International Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhite7.3stroker View Post
I've got the Dieselsite boots also they are great and much thicker.
Not only are they thicker, but they also STICK to the freaking TUBES!!!

They don't slide around like the stockers (even when you clean them and the pipes).

In fact - I put the first one on for fitment and went to take it off and it was difficult!!!

For 100 bucks, they're not that bad... 51psi would probably warrant that as well LOL.

I'm pushing just a hair under 30 psi now.... I'll be calling Jody tomorrow to send me another file opening up the fuel top end now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.