Intake - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Intake

Need some input from yall on air intakes. My truck has had an AFE Stage II on it for a couple yrs and I noticed it gets dirty pretty quickly. I have been thinking about swapping it out for the 6637 kit and was wondering how the two compare. I love the AFE for the flow but want to know how much better the 6637 is at filtering. The 6637 looks like it should push plenty of air for a 38R which I hope to drop in soon but I also want it to protect the turbo from getting dusted. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Nothing will out filter or outflow the big Donaldson filter.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Serving Our Country!

Re: Intake

So definitely worth it in your opinion? Im all about longevity so good filtration is a must and i want to keep my flow or increase it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-12-2013, 12:46 PM

Buy the Ford/Donaldson AIS system. Unless your truck is an over 400 HP beast, the AIS has more than enough flow and is 99.97% efficient. I researched this extensively last month before I purchased my AIS (my stock lid started to warp from heat and age). The kit you need is Motorcraft FA-1759 or Donaldson X007953 (they are the same thing as Donaldson makes the filter and developed the system, but the Motorcraft part number will be easier to find). I paid $179 total to the door. Takes less than 30 minutes to install. A plus is that you service the filter by the restriction gauge and most people change for piece of mind as the filter will literally last years before restriction is too high.

Donaldson AIS.pdf

Last edited by 01f25073; 03-12-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Serving Our Country!

I think I am going to go with the 6637 kit if I decide to change. I like the open element filter and had looked at the AIS. I love my AFE Stage II but the 6637 just looks simpler and like it filters better. For right now I'm staying with what I have but I will keep all this info in mind if and when I decide to change it out. Thanks fellas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.