SCT 3015, Dp f6, or ts performance tony wildman?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT 3015, Dp f6, or ts performance tony wildman??

I currently am running an SCT 3015 tuner on my truck but am looking into getting a dp f6 or ts performance chip.

Anyone know what is best between the 3? Early 99 7.3l.

Thanks for responses! Jared
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Three different answers will probably yield three different tuners. On my 3rd chipped 7.3 truck , have run 3 different "custom" tuners and I'm a fan of DP. A few others are not as happy in my readings , but they have been great with customer service , tunes worked well , and have put about 70k in problem free running with their stuff. They all run a tad different , but custom is def. the way to go.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was thinking the same thing that custom tunes for sure. Really leaning towards the dp or ts over what I have though. Dp is so expensive though.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:09 PM

Go with their F5 , brings it down a quite a bit. Unless you plan on doing lots of future mods and need the F6 , their tuning is pretty much spot on.
The TS option gives you the option of having someone else burn to it should you choose to change tuners.
I'm ordering one again this week so wait till i buy mine so you dont delay my order processing
Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Let me know if you have any questions about any of our products. I would be happy to help you out.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagle1 View Post
Go with their F5 , brings it down a quite a bit. Unless you plan on doing lots of future mods and need the F6 , their tuning is pretty much spot on.
The TS option gives you the option of having someone else burn to it should you choose to change tuners.
I'm ordering one again this week so wait till i buy mine so you dont delay my order processing
Okay i wont get it until you get yours but you have to let me know how you like it then. And is that going on the truck listed in your sig? Because I want to do to my truck what you have done to yours so would the f5 be okay? Or just strap down and get the f6 anyways?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner View Post
Let me know if you have any questions about any of our products. I would be happy to help you out.
Yes Justin I do have some questions...

What is the difference between the f5 and f6? I want to get a 38r turbo and stage 3 injectors in the future. Would the f5 work for that or should I just get the f6? Also how long would the shipping take to get to Colorado?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays99f250 View Post
Yes Justin I do have some questions...

What is the difference between the f5 and f6? I want to get a 38r turbo and stage 3 injectors in the future. Would the f5 work for that or should I just get the f6? Also how long would the shipping take to get to Colorado?
The F5 and F6 hold the same tunes. The difference is that the F5 would have to be removed from the truck and sent back in to us if you ever wanted to add new tunes or update your current tunes. The F6 connects to your computer/laptop via USB so you can put tunes on the chip yourself. If you have a laptop, you never have to remove the chip from the truck to put new tunes on it. Just bring your laptop out to the truck, plug it in, and load the tunes. It is very easy.

If you plan on doing the upgrades you listed, it will be much more convenient to you if you go with the F6 because those upgrades will require custom tunes.

Shipping time depends on which shipping option you choose.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays99f250 View Post
Okay i wont get it until you get yours but you have to let me know how you like it then.
Had DP on my last two trucks , love their Tunes. I helped build this motor and tried to get owner to go DP then, he didn't. I ended up buying the truck , it had another tuner on it that i ran for a year. I recently changed to a different one and had some issues that were probably easily fixable but am ready to take the truck back to what has worked good for me twice before.

They have helped me through two issues now in the past two years that were not even related to their chip , but still took the time. Says a lot in my book.

Justin will get you lined out
Old 03-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagle1 View Post
Had DP on my last two trucks , love their Tunes. I helped build this motor and tried to get owner to go DP then, he didn't. I ended up buying the truck , it had another tuner on it that i ran for a year. I recently changed to a different one and had some issues that were probably easily fixable but am ready to take the truck back to what has worked good for me twice before.

They have helped me through two issues now in the past two years that were not even related to their chip , but still took the time. Says a lot in my book.

Justin will get you lined out
Yes customer service and integrity are great in a business. Well I just sold my SCT for $400 so now to make a choice...would have to wait a while before I can get the f6 but would be worth it with what you are saying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.