What should I do next? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 04:33 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What should I do next?

99 250 psd*** so far I have a superchips programmer, 4" exhaust, k and n cold air intake.** I have been reading alot about the tony wildman ,* would this be a better way for me to go.* what would be the advantages?* How much?* I am looking for economy, towing, and some major hp for fun.* also, I had thought that the k and n was a good way to go, but it seems that most are talking about the aiy ???* any suggestions?** How about a throttle spacer, do these work ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2008, 06:56 AM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What is the build date of your truck?

The spacer works at lightening your wallet, that is all.

I would get a chip from either DP tuner or Tony Wildman. The gain over your programmer will probably be around 25-30hp. The butt dyno will say "Holy cow, why didn't I do this sooner"

Open the exhaust with at least getting rid of the stock muffler and maybe the putty-tat(if you have one). However a full 4" exhaust system would be best.

Get that K&N out of there before you do any damage. See if a Napa filter will fit on the current set up.

Put in an overboost annihilator or some other overboost fooler.

Then put on a banks big head or turbomaster wastegate controller.

That will bring the boost up to the high 20's and make things breather a lot easier.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:12 AM
The Fat Mod

I agree with most all of that. If you wanted to keep the K&N, I would get a pre-filter and put it on. If you do a lot of dusty dirt road driving, I would change it out. All street, I would say not to worry about it too much, just keep it clean and oiled. 4" would be a great next step. If you do not have any gauges, that should be at the top of the list.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:30 AM

Hey i see you guys talking about a overboost fooler. i have a 96 and i was wondering if that is something i could also do?
Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by balzer_brett View Post
Hey i see you guys talking about a overboost fooler. i have a 96 and i was wondering if that is something i could also do?
Sure you can Do you have guages now and are you overboosting already? Also to the original poster keep your superchips as a code reader if you go with the chip. Thats what I plan on doing
Old 01-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

+1 for strokins words i had a tuner stacked with a 6gun ditched them both went to the dp there is absolutly no comparison im running the napa filter with the big head and itp overboost and i can hit 32psi when im standing on it
Old 01-13-2008, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to PwrStrokinDually
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin_early_99 View Post
What is the build date of your truck?

The spacer works at lightening your wallet, that is all.

I would get a chip from either DP tuner or Tony Wildman. The gain over your programmer will probably be around 25-30hp. The butt dyno will say "Holy cow, why didn't I do this sooner"

Open the exhaust with at least getting rid of the stock muffler and maybe the putty-tat(if you have one). However a full 4" exhaust system would be best.

Get that K&N out of there before you do any damage. See if a Napa filter will fit on the current set up.

Put in an overboost annihilator or some other overboost fooler.

Then put on a banks big head or turbomaster wastegate controller.

That will bring the boost up to the high 20's and make things breather a lot easier.
Man of words here...listen to what Howard has to say. His information proves to be invaluable over and over again.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:49 PM

I currently have gauges and all i am pushing is about 20psi of boost i would love to get more boost out of my truck what would be the best way to go about that with out a new turbo
Old 01-13-2008, 08:23 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by balzer_brett View Post
I currently have gauges and all i am pushing is about 20psi of boost i would love to get more boost out of my truck what would be the best way to go about that with out a new turbo
A chip..................A Tony Wildman chip that is.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:33 AM

Got a couple of questions.* #1 what is a putty tat?* If you are talking about the egpv, I already have it in the open position all the time.* #2 I'm not familiar with a overboost fooler? what is it do, how does it install, are there different manfgs, and how much are they? I already have a 4" exhaust. If i went with a dp or tw, what settings would be recomended. I use the truck for normal driving most of the time, some hauling.. i have a 22' glass boat. I like feeling the power, but also want to get decent mpg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.