Alky/water/meth injection fluid of choice? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Alky/water/meth injection fluid of choice?

having a strong debate with myself on putting a painless striker cold shot on my Ex. Only thing holding me back is the fact that u cant just pick up methanol at any gas station etc. I know some people use windshield washer fluid....and i dont like the idea of running soap through my engine. i'd be mighty happy if any current injectors could let me know what fluid they run and if anyone else wants to pipe in on drawbacks plz feel free. I plan on getting a multiple gallon tank and putting it in the back where my spare is, and getting rid of it. (its only like 8" too small for the Ex now ) so sheer quantity isnt an issue, just ease of attainment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2008, 03:51 AM
Banned

Methanol probably isn't as hard to obtain as you think. Most dragstrips, speed shops and motorcycle shops usually sell it. Snow Performance sells the Boost Juice but that gets expensive buying it by the gallon. I guess if it's that hard to find in your area you could always buy a full drum and make a little of your cash back by selling it by the gallon to others.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:52 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
Painless striker cold shot? Is that like a Water/Meth system like Snow or CoolingMist? If so, a lot of the rigs on here usually run strictly water for normal driving to keep the EGTs down, then add up to a 50/50 mix for racing. The only thing I would be wary of is with just water is it freezing in the tank during the winter. And I saw your are in Texas, so it might not be that bg of a concern for you. Just a thought.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:02 AM

THANK YOU GUYS! i didnt even know u could run straight water. GREAT HELP. and yes its a injection kit like snow/cooling mist. i've never heard anything bad about coolingmist, but i hear snow is the KIA of the diesel performance world. I hope to be able to run the meth though. i heard that running meth water not onlydrops EGT's, give a bit of HP/tq, but it also goes as far as to clean internal engine parts cuz of the meth and water n stuff. im no chemist so i dont know any proper terminology but i REALLY hear its a great safe way to add engine longevity and drop EGT's as long as u remember to keep water/methyl alc in your tank
Old 01-13-2008, 09:23 AM

I've contimplated putting a snow kit on my rig. But after talking to a local here that had his Hydro Lock after parking on an incline. Which cost him the whole engine.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:34 AM

say WHAT!? i need a story so i know if im at risk etc
Old 01-13-2008, 10:46 AM
im fat and ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfines@cox.net View Post
I've contimplated putting a snow kit on my rig. But after talking to a local here that had his Hydro Lock after parking on an incline. Which cost him the whole engine.
they make a check valve to prevent this

i run 20below washer fluid and a bottle of heet, snow actually recomends running washer fluid
Old 01-13-2008, 11:04 AM

what sort of gains are you getting from runnin the wash fluid? how long have you haad the kit on using it?
Old 01-13-2008, 06:54 PM

ive got the cooling mist vari cool on mine, i get the meth from a speed shop for 5 bucks a gallon, hadnt had a real chance to run just water, since i got it late fall, and its been cold enough that im afraid of it freezing, and using washer fluid is no problem, just gotta find the right kind
Old 01-13-2008, 06:59 PM

AWESOME! seems like the cooling mist kit and the snow kit are very similar. the striker cold shot has a module like most chips and such that shows injection curves and has low water warning lights and all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.