New PHP chip, wanting opinions please. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New PHP chip, wanting opinions please.

OK, I installed an older chip with brand new tunes from PHP (from a member of the forum) with the following setpoints in my 2000 F350 CCSB 4x4 bone stock (until now).
1. 25 tow
2. 45 tow
3. 65 tow
4. 80 Daily Driver
5. 120 Race
6. High idle 1100 rpm

I wanted to install my gages before the chip, but desiring better shifting got the besw of me and a good deal came along so I couldn't pass it up. Now I have the chip installed and no gages to monitor. What do you think is the safest setting to drive to and from work with and yet still get to enjoy the chip? !For example, what do you think the highest setting that I can safely run without EGTs getting to high with stock exhaust and stock everything else? The gages are next....probably a month or two out and then a 4 or 5 inch exhaust a month or two after that. The 80 DD is a great tune and I would like to run that all the time but have no idea what margin to damage I may be running. Also, how do y'all use a high idle tune? Only in park to keep engine heat or condenser airflow good? I do not have a pto or anything so what is an 1100 rpm setting good for? Any input is appreciated, even the kind where people harrass me for getting a chip before gages or exhaust. I wanted to do it right....it just happened this way.

By the way....I did use th 120 Race tune for an "off the line" test.....awesome response with minimal smoke that dissapated almost immediately, the tires spun all the way through first. I can't wait to get the exhaust and gages
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

man, your ask'n everywhere... like the others have said, stay in 80dd, and you'll be fine.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

timmy....I asked in the three forums I read for input. Sorry if you read it twice. I posted all of them at the same time. Some people only stick to one site and I wanted to get as many opinions as possible.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: New PHP chip, wanting opinions please.

You can run any of the settings if you want. I just wouldn't recommend you do any WOT hole shots in tune 5 though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.