Banks Power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks Power

There seems to be little info here in the Performance section but, hopefully I can get some opinions here.
I have an '02 F350 4X4 crew cab w/manual trans.
I am thinking of doing (maybe a stinger plus) Banks kit. I am not trying to make a "hot rod" here but would like more power for pulling my toyhauler RV. I want to do something that is reliable and has good longevity.
I noticed in the catalog Banks sent me that their test vehicle is a '99 model truck. So, power gains "seem" substantial. My '02 powerstroke has 275hp stock (I think the '99 was 235? stock)
My question is what kind of power or pulling gains has anyone got from (a stinger+ or simliar) kit on a later model 7.3? Is there a more practical kit for the later 7.3 since they already have 275hp?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Talking

I have a '99 and some Banks products. My truck was 250hp from the factory. I installed the Banks Six gun tuner, Monster exhaust, and transcommand and all that was good boosted about +62hp. Then I bought the big hoss module had it programmed to level 5 and man what a difference. The truck has not been used to pull anything since the mods, but I have an estimated(self timed) 0-60 of 7.1 seconds. So I think that Banks has done plenty of research in the power dept. I think the best thing for you would be a power pack, just my opinion. Mor power to tow, and to play if needed.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If you make it breath better it will pull better, an exhaust and air intake, a six gun not only gives you a options as to how much power you would like to add - it also doubles as a EGT senson, a boost sensor and a trans temp sensor. I did a bunch to mine to try and get better mileage, I got it to the point that I have never run out of power. It didn't help the mileage a bit. Then I found out what my mileage problem was - I believe I have it fixed? am going to use it for a trip this week and test it. I would recomend a trans command if you start pushing up the power. Mine is a F-350 dually first production 99 - I changed the turbo houseing, added a big head waste gate control, 5 inch exhaust, K&N air filter, level 3 Banks chip, Banks torque converter, Banks trans command,Cyberdyne digtal trans temp gauge, B&M aluminum finned trans oil pan and an exhaust brake. What you need to watch is that you don't overheat at the exhaust and the transmission. Exhaust will destroy the engine and trans temp will take it out. You can find all the manufacturing web pages and get there phone numbers. try calling a few of them and ask some questions, you will learn a lot. God luck Mike OB
Old 11-24-2005, 01:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gear Jammer
He would'nt need a trans command with a stick.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Bank +Aero turbine= Helll yeaa

Hey All TOTAL newb here thowen in my .02
gALE banks power elbow . straight piped 4in to
Aero-turbine muffler . this felt like a WHOLE new Beast

00 excursion
burns waste vegge oil from resturaunts(HIGHLY modified greasel system)
mod. gALE banks power elbow .
ss. piped 4in to
Aero-turbine muffler
diablo predator tuner
Aeromotive fuel pump
Old 12-17-2005, 07:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Have 02 ford powerstroke crew cab, instead of banks went with edge products and what a difference. Have k&n fipk kit, 4" turbo back exhaust, banks trans command, edge evolution programmer and edge juice with attitude with lcd screen that tells egt's, rpm, turbo boost. Have 40' fifth wheel toy hauler, just put stuff on have not had time to tow fifth wheel yet since it is snowing and very icy here, will keep you updated.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Welcome to the forum DRN and Veggie. I got nothing against banks except initial cost. I don't have a lot done to my truck (see below) but what I do have has produced a great amount of extra power when i've needed it. It all comes down to whatever floats your boat. Joining this forum helps tremendously because you can learn the do's and don'ts of performance gains, as well as any possible problems that may come up....like that stinkin cam position sensor that always likes to go out at the best of times...
Old 09-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Banks is the way to go. Have used it on th e 7.3 and 6.0 Go the whole setup, if you can't flow more air, you really can't turn on the power. I can walk on a mustang with my RV behind it. It's a lot of fun up to 100 MPH... Banks has given me amazing support, and you want to buy it directly from Bankspower.com as you get the same tech support as the dealers, if you buy it from a dealer, then you have to go through them for support.
I WOULD SAY YEAH BUY IT.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:25 PM

Dude this thread is from 2005.

No comment on Banks. Everyone here already knows the damage it has done to my truck and many other peoples. I will never let a Banks product near my truck (exceptions are their intercooler)
Old 09-17-2009, 12:26 PM

dude this post is like 4 years old.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.