Wildman 6 pos - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Red face Wildman 6 pos

I have been having some problems with my tunes being accepted my the engine. Before I start I need to mention that Tony Wildman has been informed and will be checking the chip out and reburning it if neccessary. But I just wanted to see if anyone else has had these problems.

1. Are you supposed to be able to use cruise control with the econ, daily, tow tunes? Because if I try to the truck shutters horribly and feels kinda like wheel hop.

2. If I switch on the fly it is not a smooth transition...its more like a hesitation for a split second and then the engine picks back up.

I have scuffed the silicon of twice and am getting ready to clean the terminals again on my computer with some electronics cleaner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
mine works fine no issues with cruise on any of my tunes and if i switch at idle you hear the motor sound change but truck dont hickup or hesitate even driving down the road
Old 01-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well, Tony e-mailed me and said that there was a defect from the manufacturer of the chip (TS performance) and that he will be sending me another one. I sure am glad it was the chip and not something else electronic on the truck. I can't wait to get it back and actually see what its Supposed to be like.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1l71700 View Post
Well, Tony e-mailed me and said that there was a defect from the manufacturer of the chip (TS performance) and that he will be sending me another one. I sure am glad it was the chip and not something else electronic on the truck. I can't wait to get it back and actually see what its Supposed to be like.
my chip is at Tony's right now and he was trying to reburn it and the TS chip wouldnt accept the tunes... so TS is going to replace the chip and get me a new one for Tony to burn for me. TS chip.... what a mistake that was
Old 01-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned

Been a few of the new TS chips having issues as well as the older ones too.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:08 PM

CSIPSD, would my truck run at all if I did my injectors before I get my chip back from Tony? I will be installing stage 2 single shots, would my stock tuning even run them for a few days until I get my Tony chip which will be all tuned for the single shots and larger injectors. I only ask because I would like to do the injectors this weekend because I'll have time, but I wont have the chip back from Tony till like tuesday of next week. What do you think?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:17 PM

Or Tony, what do you think?
Old 01-16-2008, 06:53 PM

I'm no expert, but I believe your truck will run just not very good. Definently see what someone else says though.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to dieselpower88
i have the same exact problems with my tony. my truck rattles on cruise. A1, does your check engine light stay on all the time too? mine comes on about 10 seconds after i start it. also sometimes my wait to start light wont come on and i have to start over turning the key. after about the second or third time, it comes on. i think im gonna send mine in back also. did tony charge you anything? i dont think he would tho, tony's the man! let me know if you have the same problems. thanks

Austyn
Old 01-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Banned

Yes you can run your single shots on split programing, throttle will be a bit touchy, and it will buck a bit at times but I have run mine that way for a week or more at times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.