DP infinity Tuner question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DP infinity Tuner question

can i switch tunes on the fly? heard that with some tuners you have to shut off the engine to change tunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

from what i was told from DP tuner you can. Look into power hungry performance as well.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The Infinity itself cannot change tunes on the fly because it is a programmer. However, we are about to release a product that will connect the Infinity to any current day multi-position chip. This will let the Infinity change tunes on the chip, which can be done on the fly.

Just to let you know, it only takes a minute or two to change tunes with the Infinity programmer. It is very convenient, and not as much of a hassle as it seems.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner View Post
The Infinity itself cannot change tunes on the fly because it is a programmer. However, we are about to release a product that will connect the Infinity to any current day multi-position chip. This will let the Infinity change tunes on the chip, which can be done on the fly.

Just to let you know, it only takes a minute or two to change tunes with the Infinity programmer. It is very convenient, and not as much of a hassle as it seems.

I must have misunderstood you brother
Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by centerfitt View Post
I must have misunderstood you brother
Yeah, it can hard to explain sometimes. Sorry if I confused you man.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner View Post

im definitely interested in getting the infinity, i like the fact i can get monitoring and diagnostics on it as well as programming. the reason why i ask this question is that i would like the ability to switch it on the fly if need be, say if i was towing and realized the 20hp tow setting isn't enough so i want to switch to 40 or 60 without having to pull off the highway and shut off my truck. its going to be sometime before im ready for a chip anyways. im just doing my research to find the best one for my needs and so far DP is one of the best.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cduff View Post
im definitely interested in getting the infinity, i like the fact i can get monitoring and diagnostics on it as well as programming. the reason why i ask this question is that i would like the ability to switch it on the fly if need be, say if i was towing and realized the 20hp tow setting isn't enough so i want to switch to 40 or 60 without having to pull off the highway and shut off my truck. its going to be sometime before im ready for a chip anyways. im just doing my research to find the best one for my needs and so far DP is one of the best.
Oh okay. Yeah, if you would like to switch tunes on the fly with the Infinity, then you will need to have it connected to a chip. No programmers can switch tunes on the fly, only chips.

Let me know if you have any other questions if/when you decide to order.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Is there any news yet on the box for Infinity chip switching?

Last edited by Jx1014; 03-04-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jx1014 View Post
Is there any news yet on the box for Infinity chip switching?
Jody was in the final testing stages last week when he found a minor flaw. He sent it back to manufacturer and we should be receiving the revised version very shortly. We will make an announcement via our sponsor section as soon as it is available.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey I'm new to this, but I am thinking about getting the dp infinity f6 combo, does any one have this ? Is it worth the $1600? I am also planning on deleting my ebpv due to the annoying blowby, will that be ok with this setup or do I need to purchase an aftermarket valve?

2002 250 4x4 7.3, 33" tires,4" turbo back exhaust, air aid intake, and a wicked wheel 2 on the way....I was planning on installing the wheel and doing the delete at the same time...
Thank you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.