Input on single high pressure HPOP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Input on single high pressure HPOP

So, as I've been talking about recently, I'm in the market for more oil. I was looking at the dual HPOP set ups and it seems like everyone is now coming out with single HPOPs that pump more oil than the twins do. So far, I've talked to Stealth and Dieselsite about there Stealth and Pulse hpops they have out. Any thoughts about these versus the dual HPOP's?

Oh yeah, HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2008, 06:52 PM
lukecline

If i didnt have dual hpop and were in the market, i would wait for the single pumps to come out. Heck i might ditch the duals and go to a single just to clean up the valley of the engine a bit.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I travel across the US and Canada two to three times a year. I want a pump that I can get anywhere. With my dual pump system that I have, I can use any stock HPOP from anywhere. Whether it is from Napa, Ford or a junk yard, I can be up and running without having to send it back and get another one sent to me while I sit in Canada or wherever. That is the reason I went with the Stealth twins.

Just my $.02
Old 01-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin_early_99 View Post
I travel across the US and Canada two to three times a year. I want a pump that I can get anywhere. With my dual pump system that I have, I can use any stock HPOP from anywhere. Whether it is from Napa, Ford or a junk yard, I can be up and running without having to send it back and get another one sent to me while I sit in Canada or wherever. That is the reason I went with the Stealth twins.

Just my $.02

And before someone jumps in with "that means twice the parts, twice the room for failure"...

No. I don't feel that logic works in this situation. The more I read about HPOP pump, the more I believe that they do not fail that often. There are more issues with the IPR.

Just another opinion.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Emergency Services

just a thought. you might want to throw in an extra high pressure line. i blew one in iowa and had to drive clear across the state (600 mile round trip) in a car that we borrowed. i was 900 miles from home also. no ford dealer had one, not even the one across the road, and no one can make a line (special fittings).
Old 01-02-2008, 06:33 AM
John Wood Nut Swinger

If you went to a hydraulic shop, you can have lines made. But, you have to think outside the box. The HPOP and head fitting from the factory are aeroquip fittings but they can be changed. Both the heads and the pumps are male ORB(o ring boss). Get an ORB to JIC adaptor for each head and have a line made with JIC fittings on the ends. I think the heads and pump are #6 ORB, maybe it's #5 ORB, I can't remember off the top of my head. I have an old oil rail crossover in the garage I will check later today.

FYI, This is how they make a high pressure oil rail crossover. They do not use stock type fittins.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I think they are #5, we have #6 fittings at work but I had to go to a hose shop and get the #5 ORB to #6 JIC for my HPX hose I made for mine.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think I would wait n get the single HPOP. Ive always had a thought in the back of my noodle... {why cant they just make a better single HPOP?} well there you have it. The K.I.S.S method. (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)

As far as the need parts get parts problem if you got stranded some where you should be able to just put a stock pump back on it untill your bigun can be fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.