Banks big hoss bundle vs ts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 06:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks big hoss bundle vs ts

Hey guys, I bought my 1999 7.3 with a Banks big hoss bundle in it already. I am wanting something that will give me more power and smoke. Will swapping the banks six gun chip with a TS make a big difference. Also, will i have to take off the banks trans command? any advice appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Why would you want more smoke?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Because I recently put stacks on it and want to roll some coal every once in a while.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Best mod you can do is sell the truck and get a cummins if you just want to smoke and have it be acceptable. You are a moron if you think that coming onto forums and asking how to make the truck smoke is going to fly...
Old 03-02-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentexpowerstroke View Post
Best mod you can do is sell the truck and get a cummins if you just want to smoke and have it be acceptable. You are a moron if you think that coming onto forums and asking how to make the truck smoke is going to fly...
Someone had to say it.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Premium Member

come on now guys dont bash the guy. i know it aint real acceptable and polite to roll coal but just tell him why in a polite way. ive seen a lot of guys get upset and abandon the forum and even turn away from cars and diesel just because people said something offense to them.
anyways if you want the option to get some smoke going check out beans diesel chips they have a whole option to just produce smoke. also some of the high horsepower tunes will get you a bit smoke on take off then clear up once the turbo kicks in. now that being said the reason why these guys along with myself are disgusted by smoke is first of all its a sign of a bad tune, smoke just means your air to fuel ratio is off and theres too much fuel for the system. too much of this can cause engine damage. which is why the cummins "million mile" engine only last a few hundred thousand miles. second it might be fun but its just plain impolite. blowing smoke all over the people behind you isn't a real nice thing to do and can even get you a ticket in some places.
also some of the chips out there will take over the job of the trans command. the DP chips will do that for you not to sure on the beans diesel chip.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:30 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I don't feel that there is a reason to be nice, i love the sport and it really makes me mad to see some new giy come along ruining it by wanting to black smoke.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:14 AM

Rolling coal resulted in DPFs, Cats, EGRs, UREA, and low sulfur diesel. Its wasted fuel.

Ditch Banks and go with a custom chip that will give plenty of power the correct way (with very little smoke).
Old 03-03-2013, 04:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentexpowerstroke View Post
I don't feel that there is a reason to be nice, i love the sport and it really makes me mad to see some new giy come along ruining it by wanting to black smoke.
Yea i agree %100. I get sick and tired of every cummins truck i pass trying to " roal the coal"!! Dont get me wrong im just as much of a redneck as the next guy but will somebody please tell me the benifit of them doing this or what there trying to prove It just seems like they just traded in there slammed civic hatch and bought a truck with a lil power and put on a huge cummins sticker on the back window, flipped the mirrors up and there the chit. Didnt mean to hijack the op thread or say this is how he/she is.just wanting to
Old 03-03-2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeluver43 View Post
Rolling coal resulted in DPFs, Cats, EGRs, UREA, and low sulfur diesel. Its wasted fuel.

Ditch Banks and go with a custom chip that will give plenty of power the correct way (with very little smoke).
No other imput needed.... Couldn't of said it better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.