chip-->programmer swap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Jesse.James
chip-->programmer swap

i never dreamed i would consider this but lately ive been thinkin about selling my chip and buying a programmer. right now i have the ts 6position chip with tonys custom tunes and im thinkin about a swap. i like the performance out of my chip but i just feel like its too extreme for my truck my clutch slips on the performance settings and the turbo chatters like a mofo. it runs good tho and i hate to get rid of it but think if would be better for me and my truck to just get a programmer. i dont the need the temptation of turning that knob all the time and some improved mpg would be great. also i need to recal my speedo for tires so i thot maybe i could i could get a programmer that would do that also. i was wondering what programmer is the best and can recal my speedo? also how much i should ask for my chip i have over $500 in it but i dont know whats reasonable to ask. any input is great thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 09:32 AM

......anyone?
Old 12-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send it back to me, and i will put you a daily/tow program in each setting, then no matter how tempted you are, you still have the same program
Old 12-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i agree with tony..... i wouldn't go to a programmer... also none of the programmers are gonna be able to adjust for larger tires... they only work for the 05+ SD... something to do with the way it communicates with the truck..... i know because i sold a Tire Paq to a customer and nowhere does it say it doesnt work on their website or catalog..... so when it wasnt working i called up superchips and they told me it doesnt work for those years only the higher up years.....
Old 12-30-2007, 02:23 PM

yeah it says on the hypermax add it can correct for up to 54" tires.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:00 PM

I just went from a Hypertech Max Energy to Tony's tunes. On these trucks, you can only adjust tire size up to 34". I have the Hypertech for sale if your interested, but I sure wouldn't go back!!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokin87 View Post
i never dreamed i would consider this but lately ive been thinkin about selling my chip and buying a programmer. right now i have the ts 6position chip with tonys custom tunes and im thinkin about a swap. i like the performance out of my chip but i just feel like its too extreme for my truck my clutch slips on the performance settings and the turbo chatters like a mofo. it runs good tho and i hate to get rid of it but think if would be better for me and my truck to just get a programmer. i dont the need the temptation of turning that knob all the time and some improved mpg would be great. also i need to recal my speedo for tires so i thot maybe i could i could get a programmer that would do that also. i was wondering what programmer is the best and can recal my speedo? also how much i should ask for my chip i have over $500 in it but i dont know whats reasonable to ask. any input is great thanks.
Send it back to Tony and have him put a 100 max setting on it. Then add a WW if you have not (sorry I did not read your sig yet), and or a ATS housing... You really dont want a programer.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:17 PM

I agree, keep the chip, just keep youself from using the high positions until you have built the rest of your truck to handle it. I have the same problem, my turbo is definitely not cutting it. I try not to use the 120 or 140 to much and if I do I have to ease into them otherwise I get surge real bad. But just keep the chip, and save up to make it work. You like it now, you'll really like it then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.