Isspro Gauges - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to pojo4223
Thumbs up Isspro Gauges

Well i got my isspro gauges for Christmas and was able to install them today. These gauges not only look great but they function very well and very accurately so far. I ordered them from Diesel Manor.com and the sales people there were great, i had them the next day!. Also Diesel Manor sends a very detailed, set of installation instructions in addition to the Isspro Instructions. Ill try to get some pictures up, but just wanted to let you guys know that Diesel Manor was a great company to deal with and the Isspro Gauges seem to be well worth the money, and they cost no more than the Autometer kits. Thanks to my buddy PsdFan99 the install was quick and pretty Straight Forward.

Next will be my Farm Boy's Diesel Exhaust that should be here Tuesday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 01:17 PM
MARSOC > Seals

congrats on the gauges... I am waiting for them to get back to work Jan. 2... for I can order myself some Isspro gauges.... I can't wait to get them.. did the a-pillir come in the same color as your truck or did you have to spray paint it?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:20 PM

A pillar came black and i just painted it myself. I wish id known earlier but diesel manor has a paint line as well so you can order the same paint as your interior and spray it yourself when it arrives, i think the paint goes for 19.99 or something like that.....Good luck i love the gauges so far!
Old 12-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
Cool deal. I also just got my isspros for Christmas from my girlfriend. Installed them yesterday..OFF THE WALL lol...they are great..I love how they perform and how well they match the factory cluster..its great. I cant believe I have been driving around with my SCT with no gauges..I can only imagine how long and how hot my EGTs have been and ive keep them there. But Diesel Manor is great. they were super cool and the instructions were nice as well..I want to see some pictures of your setup and if you dont mind I will post some up as well

-Evan
Old 12-29-2007, 01:29 PM
MARSOC > Seals

well I will have to get the paint from them then... oooo I can't wait till they get back to work... then soon will come the SBC
Old 12-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Yup, those Isspro's look sweet for sure, and best of all they work absolutely perfect..... the boost gauge doesn't flutter at all, the needle rises and falls smoothly and flawlessly, AND the tranny temp gauge is very quick to respond and seems to be very accurate so far. My Autometer gauges are nice and all, but my boost gauge sucks, it flutters and the needle doesn't give an accurate reading, and my tranny temp gauge takes FOREVER to respond and is very inaccurate. I have decided that I'm going to go ahead and ditch my Autometers for a new set of Isspro's, the order will be made this week and maybe for once I'll have gauges that read and respond properly. These Isspro's that PJ installed get 2 big thumbs up from me!
Old 12-29-2007, 01:31 PM

how long did it take you to install them
Old 12-29-2007, 01:39 PM
MARSOC > Seals

pojo what kind of isspro gauges did you get? (ie. color etc.)
Old 12-29-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksttac View Post
how long did it take you to install them
It was fairly quick. The most time consuming part of the whole job is basically running all the wires and setting up the pillar and mounting it. Tapping the boost gauge into the MAP line only takes a minute or two, the tranny temp probe only takes a few minutes to install, and drilling and tapping the manifold took me like 30 minutes taking my time very slowly and doing it absolutely perfect. The whole job is overall pretty easy and elementry to do, I would allow 2 hours to do the job, and thats enough time if you were to run into problems or had to read the directions several times.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:59 PM

Jakes right on with the time it took, just make sure you run the wires neatly and safely, dont want anything bad to happen to the electrical due to not paying attention or laziness, but other than that, relatively quick just take your time and think it through. I got the White Gauge, Red Pointer with the black bezel. The kits from isspro come with 2 Aux circuit boxes that have to do with the lighting mechanism, i just mounted the two boxes together on the kick panel behind the e brake, make sure you leave enough room to engage the E-Brake. Ill see if i can get some pictures posted.

Also another piece of advice, when you have the factory pillar off, Get the gauges installed in the a-pillar and run your wires through the factory pillar like it calls for, then i made sure the A-pillar was nice and tight over the factory one, drilled 3 small holes in the appropriate corners and used some small zip ties to hold the a pillar to the factory one which made for a nice tight overlap and easy install. seems stronger than using the push pins included in the kit. but thats just me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.