Dp-tuner question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dp-tuner question

The wife is letting me get one, but i have to wait till the 15th of Jan Im thinking of going with the 80 econo and the 120 race and the 60 tow. Now my question is If i where to go with 140 extreme would it be to much for my stock tranny to handle and with that said would the 120 be to much too. Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

Bump for some action
Old 12-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

jody at dp will answer all of your questions just give him a call tell him what you have and what you do with it he'll take it from there he wont take all your money either he actually talked me out of a couple tunes that i was gonna get so spent almost 100 less than i was gonna he knows his stuff and will spend the time on the phone to get you straight i went with nostart,1100 high idle,stock,60tow,80econo,120race,sled pull
Old 12-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer1 View Post
The wife is letting me get one, but i have to wait till the 15th of Jan Im thinking of going with the 80 econo and the 120 race and the 60 tow. Now my question is If i where to go with 140 extreme would it be to much for my stock tranny to handle and with that said would the 120 be to much too. Thanks everyone.
I do not have the 140 setting but I think it would be a waste of money unless you buy a bigger turbo. From stock to 80 econo with my mods, there is an unbelievable difference. But from 80 to 120 the difference is much less noticeable and I have a larger turbo. I think the 140 for you will just give you more smoke.
As for the 120, I don't run it hardly at all because the 80 seems to be more than enough for daily driving. The 120 will be for the few times you are at a light and want to race someone just to get that little bit more.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:47 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nostart is nice, high idle is also...

I've had more turbo problems then tranny problems and I run the 120 race program 24/7...

I just solved all my turbo problems though... I got a turbonetics ball bearing
Old 12-29-2007, 01:48 PM
International Threat

The 140 is so agressive it will likely throw your ICP code everytime you get on it... The difference is primarly smoke, the actual tunes dyno the same and run the same times.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd View Post
jody at dp will answer all of your questions just give him a call tell him what you have and what you do with it he'll take it from there he wont take all your money either he actually talked me out of a couple tunes that i was gonna get so spent almost 100 less than i was gonna he knows his stuff and will spend the time on the phone to get you straight i went with nostart,1100 high idle,stock,60tow,80econo,120race,sled pull
I see you have a sled pull file, what can you tell us about that file compaired to the other files. Does it control the transmission differently or something? (me interested!)
Old 12-29-2007, 05:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to PwrStrokinDually
Depending on what you plan on doing in the future, 140 is a waste of $ for right now. Excess fuel, need BO to stop the CEL light and to properly atomize the fuel, and a bigger turbo to clean it up.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:48 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDfan99 View Post
I see you have a sled pull file, what can you tell us about that file compaired to the other files. Does it control the transmission differently or something? (me interested!)

Jake, I know you asked Todd but, oh well.

My "Hang On" tune is a modified sled pull tune that Jody took the TC lockup up to 47mph, so basically it will never lock up on it's own while sled pulling. The 1-2 shift is taken to 3350rpm and the 2-3 shift is at 3350rpm. Again no lockup so the engine can keep at max power and the TC does the work. John Wood said I could do it and told Jody how to tune it. John said he honors the warranty on the trans while racing and sled pulling so I trust his word. Jody also advances the timing at the beginning of the throttle so the turbo will lite fast and then drops the timing back to normal beyond a set amount.

This tunes works awesome on the drag strip as well. I throw the lockup switch when I feel the truck shift from 1-2. The truck will do the rest.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:59 PM

yep ditto on what strokin said its awsome i play with it on the street somtimes as well it wont let the tranny into overdrive either i belive its a 120tune as far as power goes ..and strokin i may have your tune jody said the sled tune he sent me was a copy of one he did that really worked good he just had to overlay it to an nvk4 code he didnt say who he originaly made it for so who knows but its gooooddd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.