Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6637 Installed; now swooshing

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  potbss 
#1 ·
I've had my 2000 F250 PSD bone stock for 5+ years and never any problems. Today I installed the Riff Raff 6637 intake. Power, response, and shifts are good. However, there's a noticeable swooshing when letting off the gas at 2,000 RPM to about 1,500. Is this the infamous surge that I've read about coming from the turbo?

Is this normal to be experiencing after a 6637 install on a bone stock PSD!? I hate to think I have to drop another $90 for a WW to get the surge to stop just because of an intake mod. Any advice?

I have a 5" turbo back straight on the way and PHP tunes on the way. Wanting to nip this in the butt before I add more mods.

Thanks for any insight.

#3 ·
did that kit come with the ring that goes around the filter and mounts to the battery tray?

#4 ·
I don't mean to hijack your thread. Just wondering because i currently have a knn intake and want to switch over to the tymar kit. The tymar kit looks like it keeps the 6637 filter off the fender with that ring mount.

#5 ·
No ring with this kit.

The tip of the filter on the bottom rests on the fender but I would say 95-98% of the filter hangs in the air due to the strength and pitch of the OEM hose. The kit literally includes a cuppling, a band, the filter, and a sleeve to cover the filter that can later be washed.

#6 ·
I see the ring you're talking about though. I haven't heard of too much water damage issues but I can see where the ring and batter tray come in handy. I think there are cheaper ways to keep the filter off the fender 100% if fearful of water and mold damage to the filter.

#7 ·
so just to confirm you used the stock intake boot ? I have the k & n and cannot get it to work. So i have to re order a stock boot from riff raff to mount and take off the K & N tube.....

#8 ·
I think I'm just going to order the tymar kit from beans diesel. I'll eat the knn intake or try to sell it.

#11 ·
No I didn't. I'll look it up now. I've had this truck for awhile now and was hoping to move forward with my next mod. it kinda sucks that i'm looking at air intakes.

#12 ·
my truck came with the knn already installed. I bought a 6637 about a month ago and could not get it to fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.