Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stacking early 99

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Raul@Stealth Automotive 
#1 ·
Anybody stacking? I have a 80 hp chip. Can I stack this with anything or should I just get a programer and take the chip out? How does stacking work and why cant one programer adjust timing and duration as much as stacking?

#2 ·
What chip do you have? the only thing you can stack on a 7.3 is a chip and a module like a Juice. But a chip with a quality custom tune will do much better than that any day.

#4 ·
With a chip from TW or DP stacking does not gain you anything.

With generic tuning it will help a little. 9hp was the gain with generic tunes stacked at the last dyno event, that was a banks big hoss chip stacked with a 6 gun.

#5 ·
i agree with all the above... i too was wondering how much gain i could get from stacking so i scheduled a dyno day for my truck and i tried out the truck just with the EVo then the juice alone then both stacked and only saw a 6hp increase... so bottom line its def not worth it.... my Tony chip will outperform any of the stuff i have had previous on my truck including the stacking....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.