edge tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
edge tunes

I just bought a 2001 7.3. has the edge evolution cts but without juice and attitude. I have recently gotten opinions to not use the edge tunes, i was wondering if anyone had some solid advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Premium Member

Get custom tunes. I don't recall the big names off the top of my head, but I run PHP. Tony Wildman has big support as well. Products like Edge, Bully Dog, Banks, are neat, but they are blanket programs that take nothing into account and are generally aimed to make the driver feel like he's hot ****. You'll end up blowing a tranny or engine with them if you hot rod a lot. The custom tunes are much more refined and you will enjoy the results much more. No matter which you go with, I strongly suggest a new valve body for your transmission with them. I have a John Woods, but he's not the only one either. John has great customer service and gave me exactly what I was looking for.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
stay away from edge unless just using for monitoring. tony wildman, matt at gearhead, beans diesel, and php are all pretty good at what they do
Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprksonu View Post
stay away from edge unless just using for monitoring. tony wildman, matt at gearhead, beans diesel, and php are all pretty good at what they do
That one. I use the Insight for monitoring because I like the setup, though I'm likely going to install pillar gauges as well.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know some ppl don't like edge tunes,before I installed a new B.T.S turbo and tines from them.I ran the edge evolution for 223,000 on my02 .the truck was a work truck hauling a 17,000 LB BACK hoe on a gooseneck.I may have had good luck.I always ran on the race or 80 hp setting.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

This is just opinion and no facts what so ever.. My dad and I both have edge evolutions, his is a 6 speed and mine is an automatic. His has been on since he bought the truck and close to 300k miles now and has had 0 problems. He used to pull his car trailer all the time with it before he got his 6.4 (but he also pulled his car trailer with a ford lighting too) now it pulls trailers loaded with hay. I have been told that the transmission in my truck had to be replaced before and I can see that if someone runs the crap out of it. I've thought about getting a custom tuned chip but ive not yet
Old 02-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Re: edge tunes

I have DP Tuners on my 2 trucks and our Excursion came with an Edge Evolution when we got it. The trans in the Ex acts noticibly more choppy and I dont like it. I fully intend to remove the edge tunes when the wife will let me get a DP for it. In the meantime we live with it since she drives it most of the time, and easily. My dually with the auto and DP is much smoother shifting even a WOT. The 250 with the 6spd and DP is just plain FUN to drive...

Sent from my SCH-I200 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.