DP Infinity, Edge insight or? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 02:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DP Infinity, Edge insight or?

I have an 02 Excursion with the 7.3. I am going to use a 6 position chip or Hydra type chip for tuning. I was thinking about options for gauges. I had thought I would go with analog Issopro. The more I look into it I think I may go with a digital monitor. I have been leaning toward the DP Infinity Dx. I really like being able to monitor multiple parameters at once and not having to install 20 gauges in my truck. Anybody have experience with the Infinity or other monitors? Advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs2200 View Post
I have an 02 Excursion with the 7.3. I am going to use a 6 position chip or Hydra type chip for tuning. I was thinking about options for gauges. I had thought I would go with analog Issopro. The more I look into it I think I may go with a digital monitor. I have been leaning toward the DP Infinity Dx. I really like being able to monitor multiple parameters at once and not having to install 20 gauges in my truck. Anybody have experience with the Infinity or other monitors? Advice?
Let me know if you have any questions about the Infinity. I would be glad to help you out.

You will not find a more enhanced monitor on the market. Also, in the near future you will be able to change tunes on your chip through the Infinity.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM

Will the new feature work with any of the ts style or the f6 style chips? I just may give you a call. I already spoke to Diane and she was very helpful. I just wanted some opinions on other options.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Will the new feature work with any of the ts style or the f6 style chips? I just may give you a call. I already spoke to Diane and she was very helpful. I just wanted some opinions on other options.
Yes, the CEI-HUB will work with pretty much all current day multi-position chips when it is released.

I do not have a phone line yet, as my position is just sales and forum support as of right now. Any of our guys(or girl) will be able to help you out though. You can always PM or e-mail me if you have any questions too.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
We know the CEI-Hub absolutely works with our F5 and F6 chips. We are testing other chips thoroughly so we don't run into any snags. It will work with the following chips when completed:

F8
F5
F6
TS
SCT Eliminator 6600 chip
VanAaken
Delta Force
Old 02-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just checked out the infinity and it seems pretty darn cool.

Is there a list of what can be monitored?
Specifically I'm looking for;
-Fuel Pressure
-HPOP Pressure
-ICP duty cycle
-outside air tempertaure

I was just about to buy an insight, but this sounds way cooler if it does what i need it to do.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post

-Fuel Pressure
-HPOP Pressure
-ICP duty cycle
-outside air tempertaure

I was just about to buy an insight, but this sounds way cooler if it does what i need it to do.
Hi Joel,

Click on this link

Via this page you will see "useful downloads" below the starting price of the unit. The enhanced ford PID's pdf will have the available list for what you can monitor. I believe it is over 300 on an SD.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:

-Fuel Pressure
-HPOP Pressure
-ICP duty cycle
-outside air tempertaure

The Infinity can see every single parameter that the PCM can see. The PCM on a 7.3 does not monitor fuel pressure. However, you can add an additional input on the Infinity and sensor on the fuel bowl to read fuel pressure.

All of the other things you listed can be monitored with the Infinity without adding anything else.

Check out the link Diane posted. The list is pretty extensive and impressive.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wow, that is impressive. I also noticed it can do a buzz test and a few other neat features. Its too bad the price puts it out of reach.
$785 is just a little too much for me right now.

Very nice product though. I havent seen anything else that really compares
Old 03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Wow, that is impressive. I also noticed it can do a buzz test and a few other neat features. Its too bad the price puts it out of reach.
$785 is just a little too much for me right now.

Very nice product though. I havent seen anything else that really compares
Yes, it can do a variety of diagnostic tests. This would include KOEO, KOER, buzz test, cylinder contribution test, and glow plug test.

While the price seems high, it is actually cheaper than buying all of the tools it includes, separately. It is a tuner, gauges, and diagnostic tool all in one unit. It is especially nice for the guys who are just starting out and do not already have gauges, tuner, etc…

Thank you for the compliment. There is not another unit available that has the power of the Infinity. We are always looking for ways to improve and update it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.